Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Are we finally at the point, where we can admit that the 2nd Amm. is more important than Hunting?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Mallard Machete, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Mallard Machete

Mallard Machete Elite Refuge Member

Limited guns and ammo is a huge problem.

Sounds crazy? Ask every other nation on earth. They aren't laughing.

We need to unite behind the common cause. Google the old Charlton Heston videos. He had it right.

2. Vahunter

Vahunter Elite Refuge Member

Yes. The point has been made on these boards and in the 2A/hunting/shooting communities as long as there have been Internet forums and before.

GrayGhostSafaris and widgeon like this.
  3. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member

47 years ago I shot guns the first time with the guys. A govt employee named Vince West was there. I think he was a spy. In conversation I said, "what are we going to do about it when the govt tries to takes these away"? I was 13 and Vince was trying to get grown men to kick my ***.
    It was awkward. Here we are. So...
    What are we going to do about it? Pick out a 13 yr old boy?

4. Out of focus

Out of focus Elite Refuge Member

Hidden bunkers I guess? When they come to your home for your firearms, just say, “I ain’t gottem no more, now excuse me, I’m watching All in the family, goodbye”.

5. trck drvr

trck drvr Senior Refuge Member

I'm not sure what you mean by your post?

The 2nd Amend has NEVER been about hunting.

6. Aunt Betty

Yes it was. What happened was people like us enlisted in the army. Many brought rifles ammo and powder. When the war ended the govt wanted to just take their rifles. The ones they used for hunting before the war. There was no hunting season then you just went hunting.
    Thats why the 2nd ammedment exists.

7. trck drvr

trck drvr Senior Refuge Member

Have you actually read the 2nd Amend?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Tell me where it talks about hunting.

8. Aunt Betty

Yes ive read it. I also went to a prestigious military school that taught history where they actually detailed the battle tactics, how well they worked, and what the consequences were. What I posted is fact. You simply dont disarm your troops and send them out into the wild.

9. Steelshot Scott

Steelshot Scott Elite Refuge Member

To say that the 2nd Amendment exists for hunting is perhaps the most uninformed position you could have on this subject. It is the argument that the left uses to try to justify gun control. The effort to ban the "ugly" guns. Guns don't need detachable mags for hunting. Pistol grips are dangerous. God forbid that you buy a gun with a bayonet lug on it. We all know that bayonet lugs are the single biggest contributor to gun violence in this country. The 2nd Amendment was not created so that when the war was over the men would still have guns to protect themselves from harmful critters. The 2nd Amendment was created to protect men from harmful gov't.

If the 2nd Amendment existed only for hunting, the Founding Fathers would have phrased it that every man has the right to have arms to shoot critters. It didn't. It stated a WELL ARMED MILITIA.

The 2nd Amendment exists because the Founding Fathers realized that a armed man was a citizen, an unarmed man was a subject. Unless the people possess the ability to resist the gov't, the gov't has no reason to obey the will of the people. Just ask the citizens of Nazi Germany. Or Russia. Or China.

A "militia" in the terms used by the Founding Fathers was every adult male citizen of age. Every man was expected to maintain a weapon in his home and to be available when called up to the common defense. That idea has fallen from favor, it has been misused by radical fringe groups. But the intent of the 2nd Amendment could not be more clear.

To create a country where the citizens could not be coerced by a tyrannical gov't.

10. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

No it isn’t! Madison wrote the 2nd in that it was OUR duty (i.e. Civilian Militia - NOT NG) to overthrow a tranny & install a gov’t more in line to the Constitution! “WE THE PEOPLE.” When the “South” surrendered didn’t they the regular soldiers have to turn in their guns, only the Officers were allowed to keep their sidearms?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020