Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Are we finally at the point, where we can admit that the 2nd Amm. is more important than Hunting?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Mallard Machete, Oct 4, 2020.

1. QuaaackerJack

QuaaackerJack Elite Refuge Member

Most of the "militia" in this country would just roll over, they have too much to lose even if the movement to disarm us ever happens. If it comes to that, it will happen with little opposition. Bank on that.[/QUOTE]
    Maybe where you are located but I am 100%, and disagreement with you but that's okay.

2. QuaaackerJack

QuaaackerJack Elite Refuge Member

You are correct in the fact that it's not the number of weapons. Tactics will always beat sheer numbers. If you don't have people that you know you can rely on and have similar interests that's a bummer. My original point was that if anybody thinks local law enforcement is going to attempt any gun confiscation on their citizens I would wholeheartedly disagree. However, things may be different in different areas of the country. (Maybe my rural view is blurred to the big city possibility)
    I also believe you highly underestimate the 20 million veterans of this nation. Just my opinion.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    OneShotBandit, Quarne and OldGriz like this.
  3. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member

I find comfort in the fact that my neighbors and their neighbors are gangstas in duh hood.
    Cops confiscating weapons...lol
    They send in an army if a house is on fire. To protect the firemen.
    Weapon confiscation.
    Funny.

4. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Wishing for violence, which is what your post implies is unhinged. War, weapons confiscation, whatever.

5. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

you likely won’t get an answer to your question, but what we have here is a classic “Old Man Yells at Cloud” scenario.

6. renoduckman

renoduckman Elite Refuge Member

I’m ok I have a fully automatic musket

7. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

I don’t think we will ever see any kind of physical “gun grab” take place, not even purely other-side-of-the-aisle hypothetical.

I’m speaking entirely to the point of those saying we peasants revolt against a tyrannical government. Any amount of “uprising” would get absolutely steamrolled. I don’t care how highly tactically trained someone is, Armed conflict between John Q Public and Uncle Sam, Sam will crush you into oblivion. No possible way are a bunch of regular dudes who secretly planned this in basements and anonymous chat rooms and burner phone text convos going to take down the fed using guerilla tactics. To suggest otherwise leads me to believe someone has read too much Soldiers of Fortune or like literature.

riverrat47 and Billy Bob like this.
  8. Don Smith

Don Smith Elite Refuge Member

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  9. Steelshot Scott

Steelshot Scott Elite Refuge Member

If you think weapon confiscation could never happen, you are not paying attention. There are politicians saying they would do just that in this election.

If you think that police won't enforce such a order, you are a fool. If you have seen cops taser and arrest a woman for not wearing a mask, you have seen the proof that they would do it. When you see cops not wearing a mask arresting people for not wearing a mask, you realize it is about control, not about the "pandemic"(with a .001 mortality rate). There are few sheriffs that might defy a gun confiscation order, but most would just knuckle under and become good Nazis. Especially the big city departments.

If you think that there are not gun confiscation plans in place, look at Illinois. They have "gun licenses". Has it lowered the murder rate in Chicago? No. What is the purpose you ask? The gov't in Ill. now has a list of gun owners when confiscation time begins. Handgun Control Inc. started just such a plan back in the 80's when they were exposed by a leaked internal memo. The plan was to require a license with a low cost. Let it stay in place for about 10 years to allow people to become comfortable with it and insure almost 100% compliance. Then begin to raise the price of the license until it was too expensive for most people and they had a list of people and guns they possessed for easy confiscation. When you hear anti-gun politicians talk about gun licensing, this is their ultimate goal.

If you think that people will stand and fight a gun confiscation, you are wrong, Most will rollover and comply. People say that they will never give up their guns, but they won't even spend $35 to join the NRA. Or bother voting. If you want to know how it would play out here, look only to Australia.

The only hope for the 2nd Amendment is the Supreme Court. It is why the election is so important. It is why Biden won't release his list of Supreme Court nominees.

10. coachcornbread

coachcornbread Elite Refuge Member

Don’t pay your taxes and you will find out how much you actually own.