Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Are we finally at the point, where we can admit that the 2nd Amm. is more important than Hunting?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Mallard Machete, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Steelshot Scott

Steelshot Scott Elite Refuge Member

Exactly right.

2. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

Look at the gun confiscation that's happened in Australia and New Zealand.

hunting1 and OneShotBandit like this.
  3. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Sooooo IF a POTUS & Administration decide to become say....Communist & have a Military takeover we just roll over? I understand about the Abrams tanks & whatnot (Barstool Patriots isn't that the word YOU were looking for?), but it sure hasn't beaten the Iraqi's OR the Afghan (Guerilla tactics) has it? I mean "they" are still at it & I'm sure "they" didn't/haven't read SOF! The NVA w/o all the tech sure put the hurt on us. Glad the Founding Fathers & Patriots didn't have that attitude we might still be "subjects!" DON'T get me wrong this would be a Romantic idea if the outlook wasn't so horrible.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    Vahunter and Ratdaddy like this.
  4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

While I fall into the "it ain't happening" crowd (with the exception of the possibility of taxing ammo and firearms out of the range of most), were a major event, or series of events, to lead to a truly significant number of people taking up arms, a lot of those people would be police and military. That said, I tend to agree with Billy Bob in that virtually nothing could push most people over that ledge.

riverrat47 likes this.
  5. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

I hope John Q. Public could compete with the middle easterners, but you have to consider that they have been fighting like that since Christ made Corporal. With many Americans more than willing to trade freedoms for a sense of false security, I have my doubts. I've been horrified the way people have capitulated to illegal orders from various governors...and the fact that police have actually enforced them. One has only to look how Bostonians (the birthplace of the Revolution) were treated, AND TOOK IT, during the search for the Boston Marathon bombers, to see Joe the Plumber will let the government steal his freedom.
    Hopefully, if the day comes, which I sincerely hope it doesn't, I'll be fit enough to gather my 50+ yr. old battle gear and join the fray. Sadly, as my health goes down, I'll probably put up not much more of a fight than the critically ill Jim Bowie did at the Alamo...and that ain't gonna help much.

hunting1, Ratdaddy and OneShotBandit like this.
  6. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Exactly. We pretty much pay rent on the land we "own". Anyone that thinks they really own their land is kidding themselves.

7. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

You have no idea of what you are posting about, hopefully many others on the left's political leadership think as you, tanks on the streets, navy seals with laser guided bombs killing Americans, troops on the streets arresting citizens is laughable.

Lookup for yourself the definition of asymmetrical warfare, research it some, the political left is already doing it, those on the political right have not even begun to start, when that happens it's anybodies guess where it ends, one side has achieved nothing, the other has and has much to lose.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  8. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

if you choose to sleep at night rather than stay up stockpiling ammo and rallying a militia for the inevitable lefty takeover, then you sir, are no patriot.

and I know I don’t express a nice neat black or white opinion on 2a so I may as well be speaking Mandarin when I try to explain it to you. Not sure where you missed it in my posts on this thread, but I will always support 2a and encourage others to do the same. More to protect my personal gun ownership, self defense, and way of life. If you think any of the weaponry we as civilians are allowed to own and operate is gonna stop you from a government sanctioned massacre of resisting civilians, you are mistaken.

also to your mention of asymmetrical warfare here, who would you suggest are the belligerents? Antifa? BLM? LGBTQ Community? All working under a secret agreement with some jihadists to burn America ashes and wipe their azzes with the Bible to add insult? What’s the going rate on a Costco tube of aluminum foil-bulk?

Ruination likes this.
  9. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Once again IF, and I don't see it happening, if something severe enough happens to make a significant number of citizens take up arms, many of them will be military and police.

Sam Ortmann, Ratdaddy and letmwurk like this.
  10. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

I would have to agree. I still don’t think it would be enough to overtake those that chose to follow Uncle Sam in those same fields.