Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Are we finally at the point, where we can admit that the 2nd Amm. is more important than Hunting?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Mallard Machete, Oct 4, 2020.

1. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Wouldn't that depend on the extent of the issue? I'm just saying that folks believing "no way an armed insurrection can prevail" is as misguided as equating such a thing happening here as equivalent to all the third world countries where it has occurred.

2. Quarne

Quarne Elite Refuge Member

I agree with that

OneShotBandit likes this.
  3. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

We're starting to deal in a lot of hypotheticals here...if the gov went for total domination and tyranny, how many "good" servicemen and women and LEOs would use their training for good and rise up? How many would still choose to screw their fellow countrymen blindly follow Uncle Sam? How many would choose to be on the "right side" of history? The answer of "can a bunch of normal people, former police, and former military defeat the gubmint" really depends on how many, and at what level. If all you got rising up is a bunch of the grunts and beat cops, and all leadership stays the course, then you ain't gonna fare well. I dunno, Lots of if's. I may be right and I may be wrong but just looking at the sheer firepower of even a "meh" sized PD like Cedar Rapids Iowa, even with some (what would then be) former LEOs and military joining the fight, they are up against a FORMIDABLE opponent.

4. WidgeonmanGH

WidgeonmanGH Elite Refuge Member

It would not be hard to disarm the US. You merely completely dry up the ammo. I think "they" are already doing it. There is certainly a lot of ammo around right now but how long would it take before it is rare, expensive or gone? Taxes are the other way they could do that and probably will.

Yep when America decided it was ok to have your 12 year old daughter felt up because the TSA pervert picked her number in order to fly somewhere, worried that she has a bomb in her..., that is when you knew that the country had become sheeple. People are grabbing up the guns because they no longer believe the gov. will protect them from riots etc. The baby boom generation is in sunset. The generations below them do not have the same feelings about guns. If Bernie rallies were not a wake up call to where we are headed then you are not paying attention.

5. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Almost this entire thread is hypothetical.

Quarne, Ratdaddy and OneShotBandit like this.
  6. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

Save for the title/original question. Id say the answer is yes among sportsmen. Beyond that who really cares though, those that believe (incorrectly) it is about hunting likely won't be brought to "our" side anyways.

QuaaackerJack likes this.
  7. Pirogue

Pirogue Elite Refuge Member

WOLVERINES !!!!!!!!

gock5, noweil, Quarne and 1 other person like this.
  8. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

I was addressing your post in specific to taking on a criminal government leadership, you perhaps like others here seem to think the government has the power, we allow them to govern, your statement goes along the lines as we are governed and have no choice but to bow to those that would infringe on our rights, that stockpile of arms you speak of for 2020 so far is 28,826,449 firearm background checks, remember you can purchase more than one firearm on a background check, a mid-sized city would have around 500 LE, 500 officers many with just a basic training in firearms are going to do what to a population of over 100,000+ people, how many troops would be needed to manage one city of that size as you suggest.

I don't think you understand who the target is, those choosing to infringe on our rights know and they fear it, as Americans we learned long ago to take out the command structure, who's private Pile going to shoot grandpa, uncle Bob ??

Nice one tossing the LGBTQ community, :rolleyes: kinda shows your mindset.

From 1998 until last month there have been 361,826,449 firearm background checks.

See below if you have a need,

https://www.costco.com/reynolds-wrap-aluminum-foil,-12-in-x-250-ft,-2-count.product.100343988.html

9. TnDuckMan51

TnDuckMan51 New Member

2A has never been about hunting. Never. And the antis need to remember one important lesson; the last time someone tried to take our guns, we shot at them for 8 years.

10. TnDuckMan51

TnDuckMan51 New Member

“A well regulated militia, being necessary to the right of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”.
    Please quote to me the key phrase that makes you think its about hunting.
    With respect, you’re wrong.

Wareagle1, newduk and OneShotBandit like this.