Are you normal?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Aunt Betty, Jun 9, 2021.

1. IV Hunt

IV Hunt Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for the correction, its been 5 decades since reading either author.

Major Major sounds a lot like a very prominent political figure in our landscape currently.......

2. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

There was a time when my family and I were literally a Norman Rockwell/"Ozzie and Harriet" type of normal.

Family eating together at the table, mowing grass, washing cars, singing Christmas carols at the family gathering on Christmas Eve. Walked to elementary school and junior high unless I was riding a bike or the weather was too bad. Shoveled snow. Trick or treated on basically the two city blocks of my "neighborhood"...go down one side, come back the other, and if you didn't have a bag full of candy, it was your own fault.

Two parent family; parents never divorced. Father was a firefighter, and he and my mother made an agreement that we would live on his income so she could stay home with the kids. I don't even want to think about what he sacrificed to do it, but I had as good a childhood as anyone.

When I was a kid, the idea that someone went to a shrink, or was on medication for anything psychological was abnormal and not discussed. It wasn't information necessary for anyone outside the family. Now, if you AREN'T on some type of drug for some "condition", seeing a therapist, and telling everyone about it, you're not normal.

3. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Sky News Australia has great reporting. France 24/7 also. Check them out.:tu

4. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I bet you remember home made goodies.
    Fudge, popcorn balls, candied apples, divinity, peanut brittle, etc.
    Looking back I think the candy companies made sure we all heard about anybody that did the bad things. Halloween is now owned by Mars?

Another theory: the Tylenol scare created the need for everything to be tamperproof with sonic welded packaging where you need tin snips to open it.
    Prior to the Tylenol thing there was no need..
    Hm.
    If you'd proposed such an idea back then you'd be called crazy. Yeah that's me. Today with false flags and fake news do yuh think maybe...lol

rhpierce likes this.
  5. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Elite Refuge Member

It’s a badge of honor for some people now. The normalization of psychological issues (many of which are just made up or greatly exaggerated versions of the normal ups and downs of life) has made it so people, particularly teenagers, who DON’T see a shrink or take meds for something are the weird outcasts. I’m not saying help shouldn’t be there for those who need it, but I am saying the the vast majority of people do not need help. But they think the do, because everything is a crisis now, there is no such thing as just having a bad day or acknowledging the fact the real life isn’t what you see on Instagram. Again, this is particularly true of teenagers—for whom every little thing is already magnified—but then rather than grow out of it like they supposed to they are conditioned that it’s “normal” and “alright”. It’s nothing but a gravy train for shrinks and pill companies. It’s not normal and it’s not alright!

Normal is controlling your emotions, not letting them control you. Normal is understanding the life is, pretty much, a bunch of mundane **** you do each day—but finding joy in that, and great joy in the moments of fun and excitement that happen sometimes. Normal is striving for success, and dealing with failure sometimes. And frankly, normal is being a heterosexual person who knows that he’s a he or she’s a she because that’s the way he or she was born. All the other stuff is abnormal, it’s weird, it’s out of the mainstream, and it deserves to be called such. Not that people who are abnormal don’t deserve respect or dignity (although they often do themselves no favors in that regard) but they are nonetheless the weird ones.

rhpierce, IV Hunt and API like this.
  6. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

7. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I've read that book- Maj. Major Major! :l :l :l :l

BigSkyDuk likes this.
  8. Aunt Betty

In physics is a concept called "a normal".
    Normal is perpendicular to the plane.
    Any questions? 1200px-Normal_vectors2.svg.png
    Here's how you do it...
    16234127184895378807618209055276.jpg
    An example...easy peasy.
    16234127526132675361635295420143.jpg
    Hey Chokey...wassa vector?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021 at 8:01 AM
  9. Aunt Betty

New normal is this reenactment of a Twitter thread.

yellowlab03 likes this.
  10. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

You all see something deep like Catch 22. I see Idiocracy coming true before my eyes
    D1E9EFF5-7D86-48B9-AF2F-65226C177A49.jpeg