ATT Meredosa,IL Area

WetWad

Refuge Member
Reaction score
I started off back over there this week and I just wanted to stop by to reiterate, once you get west of Springfield there's a whole lot of nothing including cell/internet service lol

ARHHH4

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I started off back over there this week and I just wanted to stop by to reiterate, once you get west of Springfield there's a whole lot of nothing including cell/internet service lol
Quite a bit in Jacksonville. West of that though you’ve got nothing besides big bucks and fowl along the river

rism

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Couple of good restaurants up in Havana. Actually bar/restaurant places. Don't remember names. On the south side of town on Rt 78 just before you get to RR tracks. Great food. One is downtown (Dads I think).

WetWad

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Well ya I should have said west of Jacksonville.

riverrat47

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Quite a bit in Jacksonville. West of that though you’ve got nothing besides big bucks and fowl along the river
That's some of the best parts of Illinois! IMHO, it was better BEFORE the big buck craze. Back then, unless it was a high roller duck club, you could get access to hunt the abundant upland game for just the asking...or drop off some rabbits or birds to the farmer. The levee system wasn't as extensive. Beaucoup bottomland fields flooded. Riding around glassing the area and knocking on doors could get you into waterfowl heaven...but it usually only lasted a few days, then off to find a new spot.

ARHHH4

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I took an inmate on a court writ to Quincy a month or so ago…. Looked like an awfully ducky area up that way with some of the ditches and waterways that split some of the corn fields right before you hit the river

rism

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
ARHHH4 - some of the greatest waterfowl hunting in Il happened just south of Quincy in those field you refer to. Ditches and waterways you refer to take the water off the fields rapidly now. Still good field hunting but almost everything is tied up in leases or "no hunting". Worked that area for 25 years. Got in on some great hunting. Years before steel shot.

Mr. Chokesonducks

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I took an inmate on a court writ to Quincy a month or so ago…. Looked like an awfully ducky area up that way with some of the ditches and waterways that split some of the corn fields right before you hit the river
That's probably the north end of the Sny (or South Quincy bottoms) and all the good areas are big $$$. The "mecca" right now seems to be down around the Pleasant Hill Area, Reach 3 of the Sny, all private ground locked up tight.

Last edited:

whitey11

Refuge Member
Reaction score
That's some of the best parts of Illinois! IMHO, it was better BEFORE the big buck craze. Back then, unless it was a high roller duck club, you could get access to hunt the abundant upland game for just the asking...or drop off some rabbits or birds to the farmer. The levee system wasn't as extensive. Beaucoup bottomland fields flooded. Riding around glassing the area and knocking on doors could get you into waterfowl heaven...but it usually only lasted a few days, then off to find a new spot.

No deer west and north of Jacksonville. Nope, none. But, yes there is virtually no cell phone service in those areas you would think in 2021 you could get full reception everywhere and that is not a fact.