Avery KW-2

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by ckva, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

I just received a message from Cody at Banded Gear (owner of Avery, the producer of KW-1 camouflage).
    Here's his quote; "I have not heard of a KW-2 camo pattern only a KW-1 patter(n)."

2. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

If Banded really wanted to have a couple items that sell great, bring back the Avery fleece hoodie and the Avery fleece turtleneck, and have KW-1 available again. I think the hoodie was like $30 and the turtleneck was about $20. I wish I would have bought way more than I did, they’re the two things I wear religiously when waterfowling.

Gooski likes this.
  3. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Cody didn't even work there when Avery had their own proprietary camo patterns. The was KW-1, KW-2, MarshGrass and BuckBrush. KW-1 was definitely more common than KW-2, so no surprise.

Tell Cody to walk up front and ask Allen, David or Diane about it.

MJ and bullpinnie like this.
  4. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like Primo's "Iron Cloth" camo nets. Great tuff camo net for a wrap around blind setup.

I had a 12 or 16 foot sheet of it that got chewed up. Tried to find more of it but it doesn't show up in any searches?

5. ckva

ckva Refuge Member

So what IS KW 2 ? Just a lighter shade of KW 1 ?

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Post #10

7. bill cooksey

Best description is less yellow/gold. It was more the color of a late season stubble field.

8. Tuleman

I have two coats of differing brands that are of the Nat Gear ASAT camo pattern. The actual color of the camo patterns is noticeably different; one is brown, the other is gray.
    I've seen the same color variations on different items of the same camo patterns in the past. Probably different dye lots of cloth, vinyl, etc..

Maybe this is where the "KW-2 myth" comes from. If I Google "KW-2 camo pattern", nothing comes up.
    The only product I've ever seen that references KW-2 is that posted by negooseman in post #10. This leads me to believe it's a singular misprint. This belief is supported by a representative from Avery, the copyright holder of KW-1 camo, who says he has no knowledge of the company ever producing a "KW-2" pattern.
    I can only base my opinion on the facts I can find. If someone has other facts, I'm all ears.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021 at 10:08 AM
  9. bill cooksey

I was the marketing and media relations director at Avery when every pattern was introduced. The "Avery representative" you refer to was in 8th grade. I wrote the freaking press release on the pattern. Other than what grade Cody was in, all of that is absolute fact.

MJ, Wareagle1 and Fowler267 like this.
  10. Tuleman

Then, surely, you can provide a link to a reference for this pattern.
    If this is such an old pattern, why would a retailer still have layout blinds in this pattern?
    Something still doesn't add up....:scratch
    Help me out here, bill. If KW-2 is legit, I want to know about it.