Back in town, back on the Refuge

Discussion in 'New York Flyway Forum' started by BlueBeak, Sep 10, 2019.

1. BlueBeak

BlueBeak Senior Refuge Member

It has been quite awhile since I've participated here but I'm glad to be back. Thanks Baydog for setting me up so quickly. The past few years have been a real trial for my family but everything seems to be settling down and I'm looking forward to re-connecting with old friends here on the Refuge site. We've moved a few times, had some serious family losses, and some serious health setbacks but I'm confident that God has brought us through the worst and that He will continue to help, bless and heal all the hurts life has throws at us. I still need some physical therapy but a big part of my healing will be to try to get back into hunting and my decoy carving. We bought a house in Ontario and Im trying to set up my workshop and find room for 7 boats. Its not working so well but its fun trying and I have some time on my hands. Like I said, looking forward to sharing this season with you all. Its great to be home! - Bluebeak

2. darkvibe

darkvibe Senior Refuge Member

Ontario, NY? I'm right over in Walworth.

3. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Global Moderator Sponsor Moderator

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
  4. darkvibe

darkvibe Senior Refuge Member

My in-laws are in Phelps. They live on a 100 acre property with something like 60 acres tilled. They haven't seen any ducks or canada geese using their fields, just one flock of snow geese every spring. There are geese in the area though, I've thought of trying to run some traffic and get some canada's to come in. It's corn this year and probably won't be harvested until really late.

5. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Global Moderator Sponsor Moderator

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    This was about 6 years ago, they were behind the house thick for a week, I could have reached out my kitchen window and grabbed one. In the yard eating the grass. Had about 10k for a week, then next day , gone! Never shot a one, just watched them. Haven't been back since. 222867_1063292023820_8451_n.jpg

darkvibe likes this.