Bad Day

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by CopenKlayton, Nov 30, 2003.

1. CopenKlayton

CopenKlayton Senior Refuge Member

So today me and CSUguy went out to Lon Hagler to try to get some birds. There was a warm SE wind in the morning when we got there so we thought that this was going to be good for were we planned on setting up. As i started to unload the truck Dave started putting on his waders as i am doing this he relizes that he doesnt his wading boots. The only pair of shoes that he could fit over his wader were some leather work boots, wolveriens i think. So i go out and set up the ducks and dave stays on land to set up the goose deaks. At about ten minutes till sunrise i decide to walk back up to the truck to get a different camo jacket to blend in better. As i am walking back to the blind i see what i think is a teal deak so as i look closer i see that it is alive. It is a drake widgen. so i pick it up and ring its neck. So i think ok this could be a good day i already have a bird and i havent even taken a shot. As it turns out the wind picks up to like 50 mph and sends giant slates of ice through or deaks and completaly fs them all up, the sky turns green, and there is not a single bird flying,other than gulls. Then the wind shifts and comes from the north sending our deaks into shore. we ended up shooting one more widgen but we didnt even see a single goose flying. over all pritty ****ty day to be out waterfowling in longmont
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    but before the day even started we knew that we would be skunked:l :l :l

2. EMan

EMan Senior Refuge Member

Been there done that.

3. FishingFool46456

FishingFool46456 Senior Refuge Member

Well Lon Hagler is in Loveland and all the loveland geese are moving up by 287 to feed. not good hunting for us either, VERY HARD season for me so far, Im almost about to lose my ambition to get out there after the geese...