Badgers!!!!!

Sam D3

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
North east Ohio to Western Slope, Colorado
Got a lead a client is dealing with a mini excavator issue. Ohio didn’t have them, apparently Colorado does. For live trapping what gauge live trap is recommended?!? Or is running an e call with distress calls a faster decision with some hot lead running out of a lr?!?

Phytoplankton

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Badger are mean, nasty, tough, creatures. I used to work at a place that had a lot of them, we weren't allowed to shoot them (government facility). I ran one over once with a 4 WD blazer, both wheels. Stopped, got out, figuring I was gonna get a badger pelt, it just snarled and walked away! Anothe time I came around a corner and there was a badger and a young coyote in the middle of the road, duking it out. The badger was teaching the coyote about badgers, coyote was happy to see my headlights, because the badger let go of him, then the badger charged my truck and took a chunk out of the front tire, it was an interesting report to write. Finally, I was watching a badger digging out a ground squirrel burrow, finally the badger came out of the hole, not with a squirrrel, but a rattkesnake, the snake must of bit the badger 3-4 time before the badger ate it, no ill effects! So shoot em and use enough gun, not sure a LR will do it, their heads are like concrete, and you don't want a pissed badger coming after you!

Sam D3

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
North east Ohio to Western Slope, Colorado
Badger are mean, nasty, tough, creatures. I used to work at a place that had a lot of them, we weren't allowed to shoot them (government facility). I ran one over once with a 4 WD blazer, both wheels. Stopped, got out, figuring I was gonna get a badger pelt, it just snarled and walked away! Anothe time I came around a corner and there was a badger and a young coyote in the middle of the road, duking it out. The badger was teaching the coyote about badgers, coyote was happy to see my headlights, because the badger let go of him, then the badger charged my truck and took a chunk out of the front tire, it was an interesting report to write. Finally, I was watching a badger digging out a ground squirrel burrow, finally the badger came out of the hole, not with a squirrrel, but a rattkesnake, the snake must of bit the badger 3-4 time before the badger ate it, no ill effects! So shoot em and use enough gun, not sure a LR will do it, their heads are like concrete, and you don't want a pissed badger coming after you!
It’s looking like it’s going to be more of a trapping gig. These ones don’t want to show their faces in the day very often According to the guy making hay on the plot. Unfortunately we have to live trap out here in CO. Even for nuisance critters. Rather just set several conibears but nooooo

swifthunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score

Their heads arent that hard, give it a good whack with a rock and you can have yourself a badger skin