Baiting Violations along Mo. River

Discussion in 'Iowa Flyway Forum' started by feathhd, Sep 2, 2019.

1. feathhd

feathhd Elite Refuge Member

Just letting you boys know if you are hunting an area that has flood damage to grain bins and you are hunting the area, You may be sighted for hunting over a baited area, lose your ducks, guns and potentially more considering ones self interpretation of what is or may be considered a baited area. If you call to find out about the area you are hunting and DONT get a return call from them, I would advise DON'T HUNT IT until it is clarified what is or may be legal and what isnt.

Sounds to me that some needed to publish their interpretation of what is considered baited and what isnt as far as distance and of the like PRIOR to the ^&^^& Season. Not only that but return a phone call to advise the individuals who asked the question not wait until the next day and go take their ducks on the very location they had been asked the F878789 QUESTION!

Just saying some BS might be at play here folks be AWARE if your in an area with exploded gain bins

2. Keith S.

Keith S. Senior Refuge Member

A co-workers friend, brother-in-law's, uncle, was ticketed for hunting in the area of a split bin that was nearly 100 yards away. They met with the feds and state wardens and it was determined that hunting within 1 miles of a damaged bin is hunting over bait. Fine was 5 Benjamin's, not sure if they lost any equipment.

3. HEUY

HEUY Senior Refuge Member

Exactly how far away does the bait need to be? Are we also including spilled grain from misloading a truck or wagon? This whole thing is a little fuzzy to me. Always wondered about food plots for deer or is deer a totally different set of rules?