Reaction score

Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
B81D6E5D-CF68-4E8E-8EA9-3D059E804020.jpeg

Bclick

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Ive only ever wanted to shoot a duck band, never have. Got dove bands the last two years, go figure. Ten goose bands but I used to hunt an area where fellas did heavy banding before the season and would target those birds in the fall. Id say 50% of the resident birds were banded. One early season day we shot 9 and all were banded. Old timer i hunted with from time to time had hundreds. Had old Hillsboro metal coffee cans filled with them.

Last edited:

GK1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Location definetly plays a roll. Shooting a chit ton of birds doesnt hurt either. I have well more than a lanyard full and then some. Nothing compared to the guys who target dry field Canadas and have trained their eye to pick them out. A few have it down to a science. Good for them because they understand the game well enough to get the birds close enough and consistently enough to do it.

Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I’ve watched a lot of legs over the years. Picked out a few still flying and killed them, but most of mine were after the fact finding them. Was a time when I ran about 1 in 20 was banded, now it’s closer to 1 in 70-80. We band substantially fewer now than 10 years ago.

Latest posts