Bark collars?

tcc

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The thing is, I am a softy compared to some. I used James Lamb Free's book Training Your Retriever several times and I look like a pushover compared to how he teaches. I never went full JLF but used his basic principals.

It has been a while since I looked at it but his theory if I remember correctly is your dog should always be in a command, no free time. If you want a dog for a pet for the kids, get a pound dog but your retriever is basically a employee/slave and not to play with etc. I do not agree with that but an interesting theory and I guarantee you his dogs didn't bark.
Sounds like that'd suck for the dog and the owner

soiltester

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Thanks soil tester. For the price, it’s worth trying

Thanks soil tester. For the price, it’s worth trying
Just joshin' with ya' ;)
This is my wife's 3rd teacup Yorkie at under 5# and the 1st purebred we picked up as soon as it could leave.
Her dog has her training issues, but is great around me!! LOL ;)
The bark in her, is coming on more as it get's older, as she knows now, how to clear the yard of deer & squirrels and whatever and I think, likes to hear herself bark no, so I tell my wife :doh
She's on her 3rd fuzzy wassy and we've had to put a wool partial sock on it with a tie strap, so she won't tear the original material apart at the seams where you replace the batteries. She even takes it to bed with her and kills it again the next day :oops:

Sad thing, with yer' barking problem, as I believe it's the old sayin', "ya' can't teach an old dog new tricks" :nutz
Good luck on your adventure :bow

Attachments

• Molly in Shop 2022.JPG
    Molly in Shop 2022.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 6

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The barking does bother me at times, but its the respect for my neighbors I’m more worried about. Again, I think he might be familiar with it. He’s been pretty good and it’s been more of a novelty piece recently, much to trippers dismay

tripper

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
face-palm-cant-believe.gif

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
84032696-9158-48BE-AD30-06FAF3F3CC3C.jpeg
I can’t believe he used a shock collar on a human!!! That better be a Starbucks up there!!!

yeehaw

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I never in a million years would've thought this thing would work but it was cheap. My parents have a big poodle mix that barks at everything. I aimed it his direction, tapped the button, and gave a firm no. You would've thought I slapped the heck out him. No more barking. Not a good idea if you have multiple dogs though.

Dog bark dog whistle thing

Latest posts