California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Baseball Fans

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by thekillerofmallard, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Nocalhonker

Nocalhonker Elite Refuge Member

Stealing signs are part of the game with that said using electronics to do so in real time needs to stopped and dealt with. I would venture to guess there’s are a lot of teams doing it, maybe not to the Astros level.

bxcall1 likes this.
  2. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

When I played , Bob Gipson had a remedy when he thought someone knew what his next pitch was coming !
    It always ended with hurt feelings but you wouldn't dare , rush the mound ......! :no:fp

3. ztate

ztate New Member

Which leads to another good question..
    Does Beltran make it to the HOF now that we known he was the leader in all of this?

4. Ajnorcal

Ajnorcal Senior Refuge Member

Ehhhh everyone’s doing it, they just figured out how to play the game better, they’re just the idiots that got caught

ztate likes this.
  5. bojingles

bojingles Elite Refuge Member

Having played baseball the majority of my life, I will say that what the Astro’s did was chicken ****. If I was a pitcher who ever pitched against them durring that era each and everyone of them that was still on the team when I face em would get hit. Not chin music, hit. Nothing up hi, but hit. Their reputations as “hitters” in the bigs are tarnished amongst the players and the fans will have their fun. Embarrassment is the best form of justice in this case. Anyone who thinks what they did was just part of the game has never played the game at a high level. Sitting on each and every pitch by the use of electronics is a 150 point batting avg advantage. Just look at the numbers. Disgusting. The players imo deserve the bulk of the blame. They benefited the most from it. Hit em high, hit em hard.

6. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Same as with pitchers , if you aren't juicing the ball you won't last long , if the balls are left in the humidor to long , pitchers have the advantage !
    It's easy to feel if the ball has flat threads or ones that are helpful . Every year the game gets more technical and like last year , more Homeruns were hit ?
    It's all in the business of Money Ball , $300 mil requires having the edge , you know ?

7. bojingles

bojingles Elite Refuge Member

You’ve been in the almond orchards too long. Fake news

8. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

This wasn't the first time electronics/scoreboards were used to relay signs, and it won't be the last.

API likes this.
  9. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

Hell it's worse than Pete Rose gambling and the Black Soxs scandle ..... they cheated this last season as well..... That lil sob Altuve hit a walk off against the Yankees in the playoff ..he knew a fastball was coming.... And hit it almost out of the park .... F ers ... They should be stripped.of everything .... What sucks , is they're already good ...why cheat .... Stupidity in these times is everywhere .... So I'm not surprised ...

10. blackdog58

blackdog58 Elite Refuge Member

Baseball. Such a great game. No matter how hard people try to jack it up, its still great. Everybody knows, MLB knew what was going on....but they did nothing. Sure, they decide to shorten the time limit to call for a replay from 30 to 20 seconds. Ah, 3 batter rule for relief pitchers. Oh boy. Time well spent MLB.

As Gene has said, been going on for years. Its the electronics aspect that over steps the line. As a player on the field, picking up on signs is all good. But use of electronics? C'mon. And it isn't like it wasn't tried, and succeeded as far back as the 50's. Like the use of PED's, MLB looks away until something blows up.

Houston Asterixs. To bad, a very good team.