Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Bear repellent and safety

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by waterswatter, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Wingnutty

Wingnutty Elite Refuge Member

I wouldn't worry about it. Take normal precautions, bring pepper spray and quit pretending that bear attacks are even the least bit common. Tell them to drive safely on the way as they are 100x more likely to get in an accident on the way to the park than get attacked by a grizzly.

Actually, I would say the complete opposite. Dogs are notorious at bringing bears back to their owners.

2. George

George Elite Refuge Member

[​IMG]

3. Extex

Extex Elite Refuge Member

Why would you carry blanks in a pistol in grizzly country? If you are going to pack it put a bullet in it. If your squeamish about plugging something thats about to turn you into a pile of turds-stay home :doh Your in the bears home so respect them and be prepared for the worse if you are going there. Give them every opportunity to avoid you. Pack your food well away from where you sleep - a long way away. Eat where you pack your food - not where you sleep. Bear spray, pistol, bells & whistles all of the above

4. igo4dux75

igo4dux75 Senior Refuge Member

5. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator

Yes.

Full story here: http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/22/local/la-me-parks-guns22-2010feb22