Bed liner

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by mpkowal, Mar 20, 2019.

1. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Well thanks all for the input on the new truck,went with The Chevy Silverado Trail Boss.58 sticker 38 out the door,but no bed liner.Whats the brain trust say.
    I heard Rhino is junk.

widgeon likes this.
  2. cholt

cholt Elite Refuge Member

Line-x is what I have in both my trucks on has had it since 01 and it’s been thru the ringer with rock gravel steel you name it and it’s still good as new.

WHUP ! Hen and widgeon like this.
  3. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife Elite Refuge Member

Only experience is with line X. One truck was done in 2000. It has held up decent. I think a few years after that one was some the formula changed a little. That one has a slick and smooth texture. Now they are a little rougher. Prefer the newer style. But they have all held up well.

4. Ducky CPA

Ducky CPA Senior Refuge Member

Line-x fan as well!

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  5. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

Absolutely ridiculous that a truck stickered for nearly 60k wouldn't have a bed liner. They should be standard equipment. Almost everyone puts some kind of bed liner in their truck.

6. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

I'd find out who the dealer uses, my 06 has the liner that the dealer had sprayed on and it only has 2 small down to the metal scuffs. It's from throwing scrap copper into it off the first story roof. When it gets light outside I will go see what liner it is. It's been used and abused and it's holding up great and still looks good.

7. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

I'll probably be the only one...but I'll say plastic.
    If you use your bed for carrying things, like I do...Plastic is what makes sense.
    A yard or two of stone will dent up a bed with a spray in but if you use an insert, the bed of that truck will be in perfect shape when it comes time for trade in. (And no, it won't rust under the liner.)

That said, if I didn't really use the beds of my trucks I'd get Line-X.

tcc likes this.
  8. Vammy

Vammy Elite Refuge Member

A buddy of mine went with Line-X on his '10 Tundra, I know he likes it.

9. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife Elite Refuge Member

I have a bed that rusted out under the plastic bedliner. Part of the reason for putting in a pray in bed liner was to seal it. I figured it was from hauling minerals and salt it got under the plastic and sat there. Don't think it would happen just from a plastic bedliner.

Definitely not a fan of putting stone into a bedlined truck bed. But I have other stuff for hauling rather than a pickup bed.

10. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Before I retired, I sold the brand of application equipment that 90% of bedliner shops use so I have been around a few shops. Line-X and Rhino are premium names in the business, and for good reason. They are a high quality product. I believe both Line-X and Rhino have 2 or more formulas they currently use. There are others that are good. I myself have TurboLiner on my RAM and it's good stuff. It was applied by the dealer where I bought my truck (Largest RAM dealer in the world, largest Chevy/GMC dealer west of the Mississippi). They spray 15-30 trucks a day.

One post here mentioned smooth and slick vs rough texture. The grainy texture is produced by a spray technique. After the bed is sprayed the applicator backs off the truck and dusts the bed at a distance. The droplets fall and create the texture. There can be some variation, so ask to see a sample of the finished product and if you like it, ask that your truck be sprayed the same way.