Bed liner

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by mpkowal, Mar 20, 2019.

1. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

Good info H.H.:tu

2. duckdown1

duckdown1 Elite Refuge Member

Over 20k off the sticker? Like to see how that math worked. Never seen that kind of a discount unless that includes a trade in of some sort.
    For a bedliner I would go spray in for sure. Plastic don't always fit right they will trap water and rust underneath and stuff slides around like crazy. Any reputable place will work. They all have warranties and are pretty bullet proof. Should cost between 450-500 to do it.

tcc likes this.
  3. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Elite Refuge Member

Dad has had plastic on his last two trucks. I have spray in on mine (AmeriGuard... like it a lot).

Plastic Pros: items slide easier, probably better protection of the sheet metal under extreme circumstances.

Plastic Cons: items slide easier, look cheap with age/use, sometimes don’t fit perfect, sound and feel hollow (to me anyway).

Spray in Pros: perfect form fitting, stuff doesn’t slide easily in the bed, can have customized colors and patterns sprayed in, no water or debris can ever get under the liner, looks the way it should have come from the factory.

Spray in Cons: maybe a touch less protection under extreme use. Can’t really think of much else.

4. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

I've had both the drop in plastic and the spray on. They both have their pros and cons. If you're going to be hauling a lot of rock/brick/etc., you probably want the molded plastic. Anything else and and I'd go with the spray on. Drain holes in the bed (some trucks come with them, some don't) remedy the water under the liner issue. Biggest gripe I have about the drop in plastic liners is that both that I've had (came from the dealership with them) warped under the hot CA sun in fairly short order. Stuff will slide around in either (though it is much worse with the plastic). No matter what you go with, I'd spend an additional $75-100 and buy a rubber bed mat to throw in as well to keep things from sliding around too much (makes for a quieter ride when hauling things as well).

Duck_Hunter_TX and creedsduckman like this.
  5. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Yes, 34-1/2% off of sticker price is a discount I would think impossible without a trade.

tcc likes this.
  6. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

^^^^^Pro tip!^^^^^

creedsduckman likes this.
  7. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Hmm, if it's sheet copper off a roof, I'd piece it together and solder it and make a primo copper bed liner that would turn heads. yep, thats what I would do. :tu

8. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

Once you get one, you'll never not have one (doesn't matter what kind of bedliner you go with).

creedsduckman likes this.
  9. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

Nope, it was 1 to 2'' pieces of 4'' Sch. L copper which is why I was up there filling gunny sacks.

My trucks liner is a Rhino liner our local dealership use to send them out to have Rhino them sprayed.

10. P Frey

P Frey Senior Refuge Member

I have Line-X in my 2012 Silverado, but I also installed a horse stall mat that I bought at tractor Supply (cut to fit). This way you can throw stuff in the back and not worry about denting the floor.