Bed liner

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by mpkowal, Mar 20, 2019.

1. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Did you buy it from Dave Smith Dodge/Chevy?We called them and they wouldnt return our calls or emails.

2. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

I came to this thread to say the exact same thing. Bought my first truck at 19 22 years ago it had a rubber bed mat in it. I've owned 2 trucks since that one and the first thing I did was buy a rubber bed mat for them. My 05 F150 had the plastic liner from the factory and it was fine I guess. My 14 F150 I drive now doesn't, just the bed mat. Maybe one day down the road I might get Line X.

3. gock5

gock5 Senior Refuge Member

Bought a 2002 Chevy Silverado new, put in a heavy duty rubber mat. Once a year, remove it and spray out the dust/debris that accumulates around it. It's protected the bed great. The sides have been roughed up since there's no protection. Boy is driving it now.

I bought a 2017 Ford 150 XLT new, had the dealer install the Line-X. Has performed as advertised.

4. Duck_Hunter_TX

Duck_Hunter_TX Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I almost all my and my hunting buddy’s gear (guns, decoys, blind bags, all of it) at 2 am on I-30 in Dallas one morning when there was a backup just over a hill we had just crested. The road was a little slick and we started fish tailing. Shouldn’t have been a problem, but SOMEBODY forgot to close the tailgate and camper shell door before took off.

We didn’t lose anything, because I had two of my wife’s old yoga mats back there, which I’ve since transferred to my new truck. Cheap, easy to take in and out if you don’t want them back there, and they work great.

I definitely suggest some sort of rubber mat, even if it’s permanent.

J.Bennett likes this.
  5. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

1/4" thick horse stall mat would probably work fine as well. They usually sell it by the foot at tractor supply. Comes 48" wide. I have it on the bottom of my jon boat over some foam cut to fit between the ribs to give me a flat floor.

6. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

Turn heads and burn butts of any poor soul who sat on the tailgate on a summer day.
    That thing would be a frying pan on wheels.

7. Trophyduck

Trophyduck Elite Refuge Member

I may be too late but I have a BEDRUG in My Trailboss. I've had them before. Love them! and you can easily install yourself for less than a spray liner. Tough as well as easy on the knees. Looks good too.

8. Trophyduck

Trophyduck Elite Refuge Member

It also protects your hunting and fishing gear better.

9. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

That was my first thought! Had to have included a trade.

As for the berliner I'm another proponent of the plastic drop in liners. Only downside imo is they're slick, but that can be remedied in various ways.
    Then after it gets beat up when it comes time to sell go have a spray in liner done(assuming it's worth doing so).

10. Holesinthesky

Holesinthesky Refuge Member

I have had line X, rhino, slide in bed liners, bed mats and bare bed on my trucks over the years.

my previous 3 trucks had line x,
    my current has rhino.
    My next truck will have line x.

IMO, line x just seems to hold up better, less staining and fading. More durable overall. ( I went rhino this time, because guy sore up and down, formula has improved from 15 years ago.... BS!!!, and was $125 cheaper than the Line x.) get what you pay for....

as was mentioned, heavy use..... rock/brick hauling, pipe, etc..... will scratch/wear up. Denting of the bed is possible.

As was mentioned, I also have 2 horse mats from Tractor Supply, that I trimmed sideways to fit the bed when hauling stuff that is going to be banging around.

there are enough used slide in bed liners on CL, and even on side of the road ( where the blew out) to pick one up, cut top foot off it, and drop in when needed to hail dirt, gravel, mulch, etc.....