Benelli click

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by LabsInTheCanes, Oct 27, 2019.

1. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

Will those guns cycle trap and skeet loads reliably?

2. Alldrakes

Alldrakes Elite Refuge Member

Yes they do.

Peter S. and callinfowl like this.
  3. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

In my experience, no. Maybe if you shoot Super Sports or similar or load them a little hot, but neither of mine were reliable with low brass 1 oz loads with the Wolff magnum spring.

callinfowl likes this.
  4. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Most 1 1/8 oz loads of 1200 fps will work......ok ! This is "IF" you keep your Benelli Clean , it's the lack of mantenance on these spring guns that makes
    them......undesirable at times . A lot of fellas do what spaightlabs suggest , shoot those bombs and get the crap kicked out of you . :yes:l:l

5. Alldrakes

Alldrakes Elite Refuge Member

Again 7 Benelli’s in my group and ALL cycle 1 1/8 oz loads and after a year all 1 oz.

Peter S. and callinfowl like this.
  6. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Surecycle makes/made a 'Light' and 'Heavy' springs and I remember someone saying he couldn't shoot low brass (non-magnum) loads w/the 'Light' spring installed. Now I don't know about the magnum Wolff springs, but it does make sense.

7. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

I kept one of my SBE2s and bought a 3. The 3 kicks everything out, no questions asked. First rounds through it were 1 oz low brass and it never stumbled. Won't get the Benelli click because the redesigned the bolt a bit so it doesn't have to slam into battery to lock up.

My hunting partner bought the exact same SBE3, his will not eject the first shell about 50% of the time. That's a bit disappointing for an $1800 gun...

8. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

Even 7/8oz loads?

9. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

I've had the normal power S.S. in my gun for many years and it's ate up everything I have fed it even 7/8 oz loads with close to zero problems. I honestly can't remember it ever balking on light loads. Sure I've had cycling issues, but they were from a weak spring once replaced it was back to normal. I've shot the lightest trap loads up to 2oz turkey loads back to back just to see if it could handle it and it was not a problem at all. The only times I've had the click problem was when I slowly dropped the bolt on a turkey that surprised me. I knew to just rack to bolt half way back and let it slam shut to recover from my mistake or when I bumped the bolt on to door of my layout and a few times throughout the years in heavily brushed blinds. Once you do it a few times you figure out what not to do with these guns pretty quickly. I don't understand how it could ever be a problem, we ain't hunting charging Cap Buffalo with these things or knife wielding tweakers in most cases.....lol. It's a damn bird there will be more chances in most cases and I'm fine if theres not. I'm not hunting for survival but if I was I'd still grab my SBE over any other auto just because I like how simple they are to clean and repair. Last yr I replaced 90% of the springs the ejector and the extractor on my gun because I was having fail to feed problem, and I was chasing the fix one piece at a time.....I think it cost me right around $100 to replace everything except two springs in the trigger group.
    I'm not easy on my guns either but I do take care of them by keeping them lubed and cleaned after each hunt I'll at least run the donkey dick down the barrel a few times then wipe the outside down with a little Ezzox or SaltX to keep them rust free, I do that with all of my shotguns, rifles, pistols and revolvers.......heck even my pellet gun.:doh:l:yes

I can't stand the site of a dirty gun, to me that would be like taking a crap and not wiping before I stood up.......it ain't happening. You gotta keep it clean, if you don't you deserve the skid marks and dingle berries.:l:z:reader

OneShotBandit likes this.
  10. Long Shot

Long Shot Senior Refuge Member

Actually the springs on the Sure Cycle set up are the same. The machined piece that is on the end of the spring is machined so that the spring is compressed more.

callinfowl likes this.