Benelli M1 Super 90

steelfowlerxx03

Reaction score
Hey fellas does anyone have any experience with the Benelli M1 Super 90? Pros, cons. Thanks

Wood Duck

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have one and love it. It fits me well and I have had very few mis-feeds over the last 12-15 years since I bought it new. Not a high maintainance gun either. I never had the need to shoot 3-1/2" shells so I choose the M-1 over the SBE. It performs well for me with just the factory choke tubes also.

steelfowlerxx03

Reaction score
Great to hear I'm debating one since buds has them for $879 at the moment. I've always been a gas gun guy but willing to try my first inertia gun

ronaldo

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Awesome guns with good reputation. A lot of guys prefer them for 3 gun type competition and Tom Knapp (Benelli exhibition shooter) supposedly had one with something like a million rounds through it. It's in the Cody, WY firearms museum.

Codyboy

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Great to hear I'm debating one since buds has them for $879 at the moment. I've always been a gas gun guy but willing to try my first inertia gun
Great gun. I’ve used one since 1999. If its new production and quality has not been compromised, its a decent deal.

Last edited:

Stair Man

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have shot an M-1 Super 90 since 2000. Absolutely satisfied with it and wouldn't trade it for a brand new anything. Two or three years ago I had a few misfires due to worn out springs. I replaced the recoil and firing pin springs and it hasn't missed a beat since. Agreed with above post on the 3 1/2" shells. I have killed 13 gobblers, many geese, and two or three swans with this gun.

mmayes

Diver Forum Mod
Reaction score
I did not think they still made the M-1 and had replaced it with the M-2. That being said either the M-1 or M-2 are both solid shotguns.

Mayes

bufflehead1

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I did not think they still made the M-1 and had replaced it with the M-2. That being said either the M-1 or M-2 are both solid shotguns.

Mayes
That's what I thought as well and assumed he was looking for a older model but I looked on Bud's website and they definitely have new M1 Super 90 listed on there as a Bud's exclusive.

Wonder if they are the same as the old Super 90if if they have changed.

mmayes

Diver Forum Mod
Reaction score
That's what I thought as well and assumed he was looking for a older model but I looked on Bud's website and they definitely have new M1 Super 90 listed on there as a Bud's exclusive.

Wonder if they are the same as the old Super 90if if they have changed.

Interesting. I will have to look into this

Mayes