Benelli SBE3 Performance Shop Waterfowl

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by buschlatte, Sep 4, 2019.

1. buschlatte

buschlatte New Member

So against any resemblance of sanity I'm considering the possibility that the SBE3 performance shop waterfowl edition could be worth the hefty $3k price tag. Has anyone handled and/or hunted with it? It's primary workload would be 30ish days of waterfowling every fall and a solid week of spring snow goose. I'm not looking for any other brand comparisons, I've hunted enough Remington and browning to know what I think about them. I'm just trying to decide if it's worth the premium over a standard SBE3. Thoughts and opinions are appreciated!

2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Be a true duck killing OG and find you a SBE 1, preferably a H&K model

3. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Senior Refuge Member

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
    I have shot a HK model for the last 23 years for everything from dubs up to honkers. And I mean alot of birds. Never had a problem with it. Just this past fall I finally had to replace the Mod choke. Damn good gun. :tu

mmayes, ripline and TheDuckSlayer like this.
  4. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

If you aren't gonna miss a house payment, alimony check to any of your baby mamas, a truck payment or have to eat cat food for a month, go for it. Only you can decide.

5. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

I kinda agree, if you can afford it you only live once. On the other hand $3k for a shotgun is stupid. I can't imagine what makes it worth that.

dog duck gun likes this.
  6. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Senior Refuge Member

While your spending....you might as well pick up some Sitka waders...only $ 949.00 :tu

7. 1duckmaster

1duckmaster Elite Refuge Member

Just had a similar conversation in the blind on Monday. My buddy has the performance shop sbe 2. His birthday gift from his lady. Anyways he mentioned something about the sbe 3s stock is more rubber like and actually twists. He felt swinging hard out of a layout boat or blind do to twist it was hard to keep your cheek on the gun.. so he went with the sbe 2 .

8. buschlatte

buschlatte New Member

I just might have to do that, gotta have matching camo after all

9. pgquackstacker

pgquackstacker Senior Refuge Member

Just buy the regular SBE3 and save some money. The wife got it for me for my birthday last year and I didn’t have a single problem with it. Big fan.

Dogface and buschlatte like this.
  10. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Good answer! Bottom line is if you have the coin and you want it, buy it and enjoy the Hades out if it.