Beretta 301,302,303 and then 390,391,3901??

ED Vanderbeck

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
That answer was because the person had no clue at all about the gun browning b 80 had tubes around 1981 or 82 same gun same barrell

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My 390 silver mallard is the best 20 gauge I've ever had, but it’s too nice to take to a duck blind.
:scratch I can not comprehend this form of logic. It's like saying this 9/16 wrench is too nice to work on this old greasy truck or this 4x4 truck is too nice to take off road. Maybe I'm the odd man out on this.

duckbuster5901

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Guns are tools but unlike a wrench the nicer ones even in field grade will hold their value long down the rd. and increase in value if kept long enough in pristine condition. You can,t say that about a wrench. I,ve got a few that don,t see the blind very often and then its sitting in a dry walled blind. And then i,ve got the ones that ride in the gun case in back of trk. and get wiped off maybe now and then till season end. Those are synthetic or dipped. Pretty guns are walnut & steel. I never got that way till I acquired multiple options to cut a feather and use to hunt,clean,hunt. Guess i,ve gotten lazy!

duckbuster5901

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have an A303 that my father gave me. His came with a fixed full choke and I called stoeger Canada about buying a barrel with chokes so he could keep using it with steel shot and they informed me that the gun should have been sold in Europe but for some reason they sold some in Canada. That’s why they didn’t have threaded barrels. I could be wrong but at least that’s what they told me.
Back then trap & skeet barreled a303,s were fixed choke. All those were 2 3/4" chamber.

stoneyhu717

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
:scratch I can not comprehend this form of logic. It's like saying this 9/16 wrench is too nice to work on this old greasy truck or this 4x4 truck is too nice to take off road. Maybe I'm the odd man out on this.
It’s been the most reliable of all of my 20 gauges. The wood is nice and the bluing is in good condition. I enjoy shooting it, but the conditions I waterfowl hunt in are not the best for wood furniture autoloaders. I prefer synthetic stocked guns when waterfowl hunting. It doesn’t hurt my feelings when they get scratched or a little rust on them.

The 390 is a collectors item and will be passed down to my kids and grandkids. Not difficult to comprehend at all. Its attractive furniture and condition to me is more akin to a collectors edition older model automobile. Would you take it out to do farm work pulling trailers and taking it down rough muddy field roads, or would you use a pickup built for those rough conditions?

Last edited:

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Guns are tools but unlike a wrench the nicer ones even in field grade will hold their value long down the rd. and increase in value if kept long enough in pristine condition. You can,t say that about a wrench. I,ve got a few that don,t see the blind very often and then its sitting in a dry walled blind. And then i,ve got the ones that ride in the gun case in back of trk. and get wiped off maybe now and then till season end. Those are synthetic or dipped. Pretty guns are walnut & steel. I never got that way till I acquired multiple options to cut a feather and use to hunt,clean,hunt. Guess i,ve gotten lazy!
I guess if a guy is all about money it makes sense to him.

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It’s been the most reliable of all of my 20 gauges. The wood is nice and the bluing is in good condition. I enjoy shooting it, but the conditions I waterfowl hunt in are not the best for wood furniture autoloaders. I prefer synthetic stocked guns when waterfowl hunting. It doesn’t hurt my feelings when they get scratched or a little rust on them.

The 390 is a collectors item and will be passed down to my kids and grandkids. Not difficult to comprehend at all. Its attractive furniture and condition to me is more akin to a collectors edition older model automobile. Would you take it out to do farm work pulling trailers and taking it down rough muddy field roads, or would you use a pickup built for those rough conditions?
I buy things to use. Been shooting wood/blue guns in salt marshes or on the flats off and on for decades, never give it a second thought.