Beretta 301,302,303 and then 390,391,3901??

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Sunklands, Nov 24, 2021.

1. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Elite Refuge Member

That answer was because the person had no clue at all about the gun browning b 80 had tubes around 1981 or 82 same gun same barrell

stoneyhu717 likes this.
  2. xtrema2

xtrema2 Refuge Member

ok but the gun that I have has no chokes. The gun was purchased in Canada probably in the late 80s or early 90s.

3. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

:scratch I can not comprehend this form of logic. It's like saying this 9/16 wrench is too nice to work on this old greasy truck or this 4x4 truck is too nice to take off road. Maybe I'm the odd man out on this.

4. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Elite Refuge Member

Guns are tools but unlike a wrench the nicer ones even in field grade will hold their value long down the rd. and increase in value if kept long enough in pristine condition. You can,t say that about a wrench. I,ve got a few that don,t see the blind very often and then its sitting in a dry walled blind. And then i,ve got the ones that ride in the gun case in back of trk. and get wiped off maybe now and then till season end. Those are synthetic or dipped. Pretty guns are walnut & steel. I never got that way till I acquired multiple options to cut a feather and use to hunt,clean,hunt. Guess i,ve gotten lazy!

stoneyhu717 likes this.
  5. duckbuster5901

Back then trap & skeet barreled a303,s were fixed choke. All those were 2 3/4" chamber.

6. xtrema2

xtrema2 Refuge Member

3 inch chamber. 30 inch barrel

7. stoneyhu717

stoneyhu717 Senior Refuge Member

It’s been the most reliable of all of my 20 gauges. The wood is nice and the bluing is in good condition. I enjoy shooting it, but the conditions I waterfowl hunt in are not the best for wood furniture autoloaders. I prefer synthetic stocked guns when waterfowl hunting. It doesn’t hurt my feelings when they get scratched or a little rust on them.

The 390 is a collectors item and will be passed down to my kids and grandkids. Not difficult to comprehend at all. Its attractive furniture and condition to me is more akin to a collectors edition older model automobile. Would you take it out to do farm work pulling trailers and taking it down rough muddy field roads, or would you use a pickup built for those rough conditions?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  8. duckbuster5901

Get a smith to open that barrel to L.Mod and enjoy shooting birds with it or pick up a mobil choke barrel from B80 or a303. They are getting hard to find.

stoneyhu717 likes this.
  9. Billy Bob

I guess if a guy is all about money it makes sense to him.

10. Billy Bob

I buy things to use. Been shooting wood/blue guns in salt marshes or on the flats off and on for decades, never give it a second thought.