Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Boot, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Boot

Boot Refuge Member

Got a new to me Beretta A400 at what I thought was an incredibly good deal. It was plain black but I took it to my cerakote guy and asked for something that would be easy to lose in a swamp or flooded timber. This thing shoots pretty soft. Recoil is easy on the shoulder. Got some Boss bismuth shotshells today too, and will report back with pattern results as soon as I get a chance to murder some cardboard. It's got the 26" barrel, which I liked better than the 28" on my versa max. Any thoughts on the camo pattern? 20190729_193140.jpg 20190729_193153.jpg

2. Cootsmashfever

Cootsmashfever New Member

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Perfect for hunting the rocky shoreline for divers.

Billy Bob, Seaark18 and callinfowl like this.
  4. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA. Moderator

NICE GUN!!!
    Perfect for hunting anywhere, anything to break up the outline of the gun is all you need anywhere. The gun looks awesome, buy a spare Mag. cap and keep it in your blind bag, everyone I know that shoots them has $hattered the mag. cap.:yes:yes:yes
    They do shoot nice and light on the shoulder, I shot Rem. Hyper sonics out of one and it still recoiled less than my SBE or Beretta ES100/Pintail.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  5. Out of focus

Out of focus Senior Refuge Member

I'll shoot it! The gun looks great and would just melt into the cypress swamp I hunt in. I hope you get plenty birds with it this season and please post your bismuth patterns when available.

callinfowl likes this.
  6. Boot

Boot Refuge Member

I haven't heard of the magazine cap issue, could you elaborate on it? I'll for sure snag a spare to put in my blind bag if I need to.

7. DuckyPhe

DuckyPhe Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

Being prepared with a spare in the blind bag seemed to solve the problem before it happened for me. Read and heard about it but never had it happen. Even at -20F temps. I think it was all just a lie to get me to buy a spare cap. :dv

8. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Also was an issue experienced by those shooting Roman Candles (3.5")

9. explorer17

explorer17 Senior Refuge Member

I keep a screw on cap off an extremma for a spare. Not as pretty but keeps you hunting.

10. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

A400 Plus mag cap is partial turn to lock, not the older screw on version...

Neon green plastic mag cap insert can break, I’ve seen two break so far...

Heard Beretta fixed it recently...don’t know for sure...

I’ll own an A400 variant someday, recoil is just too nice in this gun...just playing with a new Maxus Wicked Wings in the meantime...

Wareagle1 likes this.