Best Canada Goose floating decoys?

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by GunnerNYS, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Downwind

Downwind Elite Refuge Member

If you do not want to loose head on G&H decoys (goose or duck) use 3M 5200 or something similar and attach the heads permanently. Once the adhesive compound sets up they become a one piece decoy.

---- :):) ......

I am not saying they are the best or most realistic but they work for my application and I have some that are pushing 20 years..... :tu

dw

2. Layout101

Layout101 Elite Refuge Member

This^^^^^^
    Hands down!

3. bandcollector

bandcollector Elite Refuge Member

Has anyone made mods on filling the little airholes on the neck base of the Bigfoot goose floater best goose floater per the 100's of previous threads? Was there supposed to be stopper plugs in the box like my Averys came with?

4. 01oleblue

01oleblue New Member

Definety bigfoots!

5. DuckyPhe

DuckyPhe Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

No, they are not supposed to come with stoppers like your Averys. I have been using Bigfoots for 4 years and never a problem before. Only a problem this year because we tried to get cute and it didn't work. We were tired of our 30' lines getting tangled up so we built some grids out of hog fence and put 4 decoys on each grid with just one anchor line. This allowed us to put a dozen in a smaller space without the tangle problem. The fencing weighed the decoys down too much and on the high wind days, some of the necks rode too low allowing them to take on water. It has never been a problem when each decoy has had it's own anchor line. It took 6 weeks for the worst ones to take on a half body of water. Not a fault of the decoy. Just **** poor use. I'm not going to worry about it anymore. Just not going to weigh them down like that ever again. Had my doubts to begin with. Should've followed my gut. :doh

Chris

6. bandcollector

I called Bigfoot and inquired. They suggested a drywall screw or duct tape to cover the hole if need be... I'm not going to worry about it for now. There is a difference in the two brands of decoys shape. The Avery neck base joint is an "inny" with the hole and plug at the bottom center. The Bigfoot neck base is an outy. I imagine that will be sufficient without plugging the hole unless as you said they are riding very low for some reason. I was just paranoid after dealing with the dang Averys. I hope.

7. chessydogs

chessydogs Refuge Member

For ease of setting out and effectiveness, I would go with v boards. Sitting geese makes good ones and topped with Real geese silos they flat out work. Geese land right in them all the time.

Less time to set out and pick up than individual decoys and take up less space in the boat.

8. 2WIDGN

2WIDGN Senior Refuge Member

Currently we have 10 1/2 dozen Bigfoot floaters. Some are pushing 15 years old. We have replaced two heads. One split and the other disappeared? Never a problem with the keels. Have four or five that mysteriously take on a little water. All in all we are very very happy with them. Hope this helps.

9. bandcollector

I like them but the heads suck. 2/12 split while trying to assemble. And yes I lubed them up with liquid soap real good first. [​IMG][​IMG]

10. GanderJunkie

GanderJunkie Refuge Member

I ran both bigfoots and DOA's this year. Both great decoys, I like the looks of the DOA's better and have better movement. But hunting the river I like size and bigfoots are bigger. All in all you can't go wrong with either their both durable decoys.