Best line you've said in a blind

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Bows Up, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Northhunter

Northhunter Senior Refuge Member

Had a group swim into the blocks from my buddy's side of the blind one morning, and it had been slow. He doesn't see them. I'm whispering, gesturing, pointing.. at one point they're at like 20yds and he still hasn't seen them. The birds are oblivious and there for the taking, but he's reluctant to move and doesn't want to stand up. I get down low and get over next to him, but not before they swim back. We go back and forth a bit, a little more animated but still whispering. I'm pointing going "They were right F'n there!" and he says something like "How am I supposed to see through this $#*! Who brushed this blind?" I broke the whispers with "You're a horrible duck hunter. I can't do this anymore." Had a good laugh.

Same dude, different trip, different blind. It's an evening hunt. We had a decent shoot in the morning and had another lined up for the next, so we're just enjoying the daylight and ribbing each other. There's a group set up about 200yds to our right and a lone goose comes into the tiny little lake we're set up on. The other blind calls, but they suck. I call, but I'm laughing so hard I suck too. The goose hits the water out front, nowhere near either blind and looks perplexed. The whole scene is such a fuster-cluck it's comical. My buddy makes a remark. Me: "I got it closer to us than them. That's the best I can do."

2. WARTHOG

WARTHOG Elite Refuge Member

My brother-in-law was taking a crap in the woods and we had Mallards locked up in the decoys and harvested six birds. A week later hunting was real slow and I say "Dave don't you need to go pinch one off so that the birds will fly"? Duck blinds are a savage place sometimes! One of the greatest places on earth to give buddies the business!

3. james913

james913 New Member

:l:l

4. Missy Skeeter

Missy Skeeter Senior Refuge Member

I always hunt solo so usually the only thing I say is my dogs name:

5. buschlatte

buschlatte New Member

*guide yells take 'em*

**10 guys unload there guns**

***3 or 4 seconds after the shooting stops I wake up and bust out shooting at snow geese an easy 200yds away***

Me:yeah...I was sleeping on that one

Now I am forever asked every time a bird decoys if I was sleeping on that one...that was almost 10 yes ago haha

Bows Up likes this.
  6. oldfireguy

oldfireguy Senior Refuge Member

I was a hundred yards from my hunting buddies when a flock of geese went over me.
    My first shot dropped two birds. Gun jammed.

Later they asked why I hadn't continued shooting.
    I replied, "The limit is three birds".
    It took them a moment....

7. 10ga.crazy

10ga.crazy Senior Refuge Member

Can't say they were the best lines I've muttered but I got my point across...lol

"You must have a miracle gun, I've never seen one that can fold as many birds as yours when the shotcup passes 8' wide!"

"I don't hunt ducks to compete, that's what trap & skeet are for, want a shooting competition? Meet me on the skeet field"

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  8. The Old Taz

The Old Taz Senior Refuge Member

We’ve had a few pretty good lines, but here’s a couple that stand out…

We had a small group of mallards cupped up, well within range, 9 shots later we didn’t cut a feather. I scream out to the ducks as they were flying away “…and don’t f$%ing come back!”

We use that line fairly regular now.

Another time we are back in the duck pond, 3 hunters and we are at 17 mallards, one short of a limit. A mallard comes up, my buddy folds it. There it sat 10 yards away, face down in the water. We pack up our guns, and sit for a bit before we retrieved it. All of a sudden, it rolls over, takes flight, and flies away before anyone can reload and take a shot.

My buddy says, “…and the Oscar goes to…”. Never did get the 18th duck.

We also use a line that’s probably not very original, but whenever we drop 2 ducks and someone asks which one I got before we retrieve them, I always say “…the one with the band”.

Bows Up likes this.
  9. Goosekiller

Goosekiller Elite Refuge Member

Nothing like catching the unsuspecting peeing. Waders dropped around the knees and walk up behind your buddy and pull his waders up while peeing. :dv
    Now thats funny sh!t.