Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
2 milk crates zip tied together.

Native NV Ducker

Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others
Reaction score
2 milk crates zip tied together.
Yea, not for a walk in hunt.

The beauty of the chairs I have mentioned is (for us older guys) they function as a walking support. When I walk in with the cart, the cart supports me should I trip over sage or step into a hole. If I have to go across the river, which is only slightly above knee deep, I bring the chair as a crutch. Folded up, it fits easily in one hand, keeping the gun hand free. If I am walking in without the cart, it again acts as a crutch support. Nobody likes to fall with a full decoy pack on their back. Much sturdier than a random branch or stick.

patos el supremo

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the milk crate comment was somewhat sarcasm. But we do use milk crates when we boat in and turning the open up allows it work as a walker when hunting in muck. We use marsh stools for walk in hunts. I am an old guy too

15thTN

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Drake has a interesting chair with a mesh boat seat. Wouldn't be to handy packing in, but looks conformable. Expensive to!

duckbuster5901

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
There's some really nice marsh seats out there but many are getting away from easy, lightweight portability that the original single post seats give. What i,ve done with pair of aluminum avery,s i,ve got are make seats bigger by replacing with 14" x 14" 3/4" marine plywood and adding thick foam padding and recovering w/cordura nylon. Nice cushy seat but alas no backrest. I can live with that for portability. The heavier stools are great if you can drive or boat to your hunt area. Areas I use these seats I can,t.

duckcaller

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Ah good, I was hoping someone would revive this thread so I could ask some questions.

How is the Hawk chair?

I am kind of leaning towards the new rogers chair tbh though.
I used the hawk ergo seat all last season, got as a gift before season. Best marsh seat I have used, extremely comfortable, don't sink with the 3 paddle feet. Only problem with it is that it is more cumbersome to carry than other seats. I have used buckets, and most other seats on the market. This ergo one is pretty nice for me.

3B209

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
The just ducking chair is top notch imo. Pricey but having the back rest is a huge plus. I wish it was made out of thinner gauge/diameter pipe as its overbuilt for what i weigh and its heavy to lug in the sled. 100% worth it tho for me. Got tired of the standard marsh stools that have no stability or back support.

Latest posts