Best skinnies?

10ga.crazy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

French Creek Fowler

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Big Al’s definitely been producing this year, easy setup and super life like, I made a mistake and got the small goose pack also, been mixing them with the others as family units. Great quality, great service and good price.

ARHHH4

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Big Al’s definitely been producing this year, easy setup and super life like, I made a mistake and got the small goose pack also, been mixing them with the others as family units. Great quality, great service and good price.
I bought two of his x14 packs last year…. Split them up into four “family” groups of seven birds each…. Put three to four yards between each one of em, and maybe 10-15 yards between each group. We had canadas landing so close to our boot bags in our layouts you could almost see em blinking

French Creek Fowler

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I bought two of his x14 packs last year…. Split them up into four “family” groups of seven birds each…. Put three to four yards between each one of em, and maybe 10-15 yards between each group. We had canadas landing so close to our boot bags in our layouts you could almost see em blinking
That’s exactly what I do, if I need to supplement I’ll add some old shells mainly resters or sleepers. It been pretty amazing how close they’ve landed or exactly in the kill spot

ARHHH4

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
That’s exactly what I do, if I need to supplement I’ll add some old shells mainly resters or sleepers. It been pretty amazing how close they’ve landed or exactly in the kill spot
My oldest is 12 now, but he shot one last year at maybe 5-7 yards?? Hit it right in the face. It was back flapping fixing to land at our feet when I called the shot… it did a literal backflip. I laughed so hard and loud I missed my first shot on the other one that was with it

brentbullets

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats everyones thoughts on sleeper silos?
I don’t think their effectiveness would be the same. Silos work because of the illusion effect of geese. Sleepers might have the same effect but IMHO actual shells would be better. I own 29 dozen silo’s and 10 dozen sleeper shells and don’t use silos when the ground is frozen or their is snow when the sleepers are most effective. Others experiences may vary.