Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Better late than never. Boat painted

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Bigshootss, Oct 9, 2019 at 11:03 PM.

1. Bigshootss

Bigshootss Refuge Member

Just finished the base coat of paint on a 16’ Lund for hunting. Need to hit it with some camo pattern, baton down the side supports and start hunting. Wanted to build a blind but ran out of time.

Attached Files:

callinfowl, Rebranger and Fowler267 like this.
  2. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA. Moderator

Heck you can build a temporary scissor blind out of 1'' EMT and camo netting and a tubing bender in two hours. Enough to get you by for the season at least.:yes:tu

3. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

Love to know the story on the broken bow top plate, that must be an older model, what year is it.

Mine said to say hello from her to yours and good luck and safe hunting.

BOAT020001.jpg

Fowler267 likes this.
  4. Bigshootss

Bigshootss Refuge Member

I think it’s an 82. Bought it for $360 from a resort with rotted seats and a crappy pealing paint job. Ripped new 1/2 marine plywood seats, sealed them, used spar varnish on undersides, painted tops, and new stainless hardware. Going to have to redo transom next year as it is spongy. This is my new three man and a dog boat, already have a 14’ Lund for 2 man hunts. Have a 9.9 Yamaha 2 stroke tuned to 15 hp. Some of the lakes I hunt have a 10 horse limit.

5. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

Somebody call the police, that's a nice price.

6. kc outdoorsman

kc outdoorsman Elite Refuge Member

What did you use for paint? Did you have to primer it?

7. Bigshootss

Bigshootss Refuge Member

Hit the boat lightly with wire brush and the used my air compressor and a cheap Coleman paint sprayer and put 4-5 light coats on the seats and 3coats on the rest of the boat. I used the Parker camo paint and did not prime. After hitting it with the wire brush it sticks pretty good. Only needed to lady for this year, prob respray next year after I fix transom board.