Biden now want's to codify RvW by suspending the Senate filibuster rule...

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I say it is an overreach of Federal Government if a Repub POTUS & Congress were to make Abortions illegal.

I say it is an overreach of Federal Government if a Dem POTUS & Congress were to make Abortions legal.

Abortions are once again a State issue and should remain a State issue.

If Repubs take the House & Senate in 2024 along with the White House - what is keeping them from reversing it and making Abortions illegal by suspending the Senate filibuster rule as well?

Dems had their chance back in 2010...

Biden calls on Congress to ease Senate rules to codify Roe v. Wade

President Joe Biden on Thursday said he would support a suspending the Senate filibuster rule to codify the constitutional right to an abortion as established by the Supreme Court’s landmark 1973 ruling to Roe v. Wade.

His comments represent critical support for suspending a key procedural hurdle that has thus far prevented Senate Democrats from passing legislation that would make the Roe decision federal law.

Current Senate rules require the majority party to muster 60 votes to overcome the minority’s attempt to block the advance of a bill, an procedural action known as a filibuster.

And with the Senate split 50-50 between Democrats and Republicans, the GOP has thus far had the power to stop the slim Democratic majority from approving abortion bills.

“I believe we have to codify Roe v. Wade into law. And the way to do that is to make sure Congress votes to do that,” Biden told reporters in Spain. “And if the filibuster gets in the way — like voting rights — we provide an exception for this. We require an exception of the filibuster for this action.”

Last edited:

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Pence was yappin' a few days ago about a Federal Ban on abortions and I commented on here that it is a Federal Overreach:

Pence leads Republicans calling for national abortion ban post Roe v Wade ruling: ‘We must not rest’​

The former Vice President and others are vowing to outlaw abortion across the country​

Steelshot Scott

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If Congress does it, it will be after the election.

One, they can use it to fundraise.

Two, no politician in a non-liberal state will want his name on it unless he has already been voted out of office(which is highly likely given Biden's incompetence).

If it gets passed, after the election, but before swearing in the new politicians, I predict a move to repeal. It will be vetoed by Biden and likely that will hold until the Presidential election where it will result in their defeat.

Bclick

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Pence was yappin' a few days ago about a Federal Ban on abortions and I commented on here that it is a Federal Overreach:

Pence leads Republicans calling for national abortion ban post Roe v Wade ruling: ‘We must not rest’​

The former Vice President and others are vowing to outlaw abortion across the country​

Pence is a dip****

Native NV Ducker

Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others
Reaction score
I'm trying to find the logic.

If the SC says abortion is not a federal issue, how can they pass a federal law?

Bclick

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find the logic.

If the SC says abortion is not a federal issue, how can they pass a federal law?
The Dems could have codified it, they never did either because it never would have passed or rhey wanted the issue every election.

The issue is where it belongs IMO

capefearflyfox

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Let's remind everyone on how we wound up with THREE Trump Supreme Court Justices, nominated and EASILY confirmed by the Senate to begin with.

In 2013, then Senator Harry Reid (D), Senate Majority Leader, nuked the filibuster on judicial nominees. In 2017, Cocaine Mitch did it for SCOTUS nominees.

Once you open that genie bottle, you cannot plug it back.

Congrats on lighting that fire, Harry. Enjoy what you reaped.

Bclick

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score