Biden now want's to codify RvW by suspending the Senate filibuster rule...

lugnut

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
He has as much chance to win the nominee as Kinzinger does.

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Let's remind everyone on how we wound up with THREE Trump Supreme Court Justices, nominated and EASILY confirmed by the Senate to begin with.

In 2013, then Senator Harry Reid (D), Senate Majority Leader, nuked the filibuster on judicial nominees. In 2017, Cocaine Mitch did it for SCOTUS nominees.

Once you open that genie bottle, you cannot plug it back.

Congrats on lighting that fire, Harry. Enjoy what you reaped.

Harry Reid: I do not regret changing the Senate rules​

widgeon

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I believe tat the Democrats know their time is about up and theyre trying to throw as much against the wall as possible to see what sticks.

When conservatives regain power, we need to remember that.

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If he's the Repubs 2024 candidate - I'll vote 3rd party again.
HRC vs Pence and you would go third party?

Not me I will vote Pence over any Dem, what he did on January 6th was Lead for our country. You know how I feel about religion but I still would or will vote Pence, No truMp, No Cruz, Desantis Yes

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
HRC vs Pence and you would go third party?

Not me I will vote Pence over any Dem, what he did on January 6th was Lead for our country. You know how I feel about religion but I still would or will vote Pence, No truMp, No Cruz, Desantis Yes
Lip claiming that he'd vote for a Bible Thumper... Why am I not surprised.

And HRC will be the Dems candidate? I'd say she has as much of a chance as Pence.

My point remains that Pence calling for a national abortion ban is an over reach of the Federal Government. And if he understood Federalism, and the US Constitution, he would not be making such a call. Instead he would be calling for the individual States to pass legislation that bans abortion. But he loves Big Government - so he won't.

tripper

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find the logic.

If the SC says abortion is not a federal issue, how can they pass a federal law?
I am wondering the same thing. I thought that the SCOTUS said it was not a 'Federal thing'. If the Congress passed a law, wouldn't it also be unconstitutional , based on the the 10th amendment? Just like it was this time.

capefearflyfox

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Senate Dems won't get their wish to end the filibuster. Leahy is out of action, and Manchin & Sinema still won't budge on their commitment to keeping it in place. They won't have the Senate after the election, so it's essentially a pipe dream.

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Senate Dems won't get their wish to end the filibuster. Leahy is out of action, and Manchin & Sinema still won't budge on their commitment to keeping it in place. They won't have the Senate after the election, so it's essentially a pipe dream.
So nothing more than lip service being made by Joe to his followers that he’s trying to do something? Even if it’s just flapping his gums?

Steelshot Scott

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Lip claiming that he'd vote for a Bible Thumper... Why am I not surprised.

And HRC will be the Dems candidate? I'd say she has as much of a chance as Pence.

My point remains that Pence calling for a national abortion ban is an over reach of the Federal Government. And if he understood Federalism, and the US Constitution, he would not be making such a call. Instead he would be calling for the individual States to pass legislation that bans abortion. But he loves Big Government - so he won't.

He's been supporting Pence since his days in the military.

Pence is why some people are "afraid" of the "Religous Right!" I am a baptized Christian & believe in God, I'm also a card carrying Republican & would have to swallow awfully hard to pull the lever for Pence.
I agree. I have had to do it before, Romney,Dole, and especially McCain. I despised John McCain. But I voted for him because the alternative was worse.

Republicans are often their own worst enemy. Republicans like to symbolically stand on principle. They will not vote if they don't agree with every issue a candidate supports. I heard a guy that didn't vote for Romney because "he voted for abortion back in the 80's". Another said, "I will never vote for a Mormon."

Democrats would vote for Satan if he ran as a Democrat.

So nothing more than lip service being made by Joe to his followers that he’s trying to do something? Even if it’s just flapping his gums?
Last time they messed with the filibuster, it came back to bite them.

Maybe some democrats are capable of learning.