Biden reported to cancel the XL pipeline over environmental concerns.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Jan 18, 2021.

1. IV Hunt

IV Hunt Elite Refuge Member

2. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Elite Refuge Member

I don’t know... Trudeau is a liberal moron too, and no friend of the working people of Alberta. I think he’s secretly cheering for the XL’s death, but of course he has to play the political game in his country.

Allan and OneShotBandit like this.
  3. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Remember, it was their government (~2010) that perpetrated the “Halloween Surprise” on their own people by abruptly removing the tax-free status (Canadian citizens) of dividends from their domestic royalty trusts. Manitoba, Saskatchewan & Alberta might consider joining the New United States if North America after each coast get the boot from us.

4. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Try to refrain from ignoring Beijing Joe’s prior history. Try not to be distracted by your blind hatred of all things DJT.

5. JBM SteelSlinger

JBM SteelSlinger Senior Refuge Member

This is a good read on some of US and Indigenous people past conflicts on land of the West. Screenshot_20210121-165719_Google.jpg

6. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

So what?

YL03

OneShotBandit likes this.
  7. JBM SteelSlinger

Becase knowledge is power and maybe you could learn why these Tribes are so against this pipeline.

8. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Speaking of knowledge is power....Just a footnote. The American Plains Indian has gone to Geneva to be referenced by that appellation.

They didn’t want to be called Indigenous, First Nation, Native Americans...etc. those monikers linked them to every tribe from the Inuits to the Amazon tribes.

IMO

OneShotBandit and yellowlab03 like this.
  9. JBM SteelSlinger

10. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

That literally is about the time an American Plains Indian told me the about the issue. I ran into him at a trade fair I had a booth set up.

I said Native American to him and it startled me how almost angrily he responded. He made absolutely sure I knew the story. Turns out there was a Pow Wow (what they called it) at the trade fair.

He came by my booth later and discussed it with me some more albeit with less hostility. The guy in my opinion was one point short of being a giant gaping azzhole. However, he calmed down as he started to realize I was listening to him.

His forceful “lecture” made enough of an impression on me I remember exactly what he said. However, he was about to get his azz whipped if he hadn’t calmed down. I suspect he sensed this.

Thanks for the reference you posted.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    JBM SteelSlinger likes this.