Big numbers in the Reservoirs

Kevin Burroughs

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Melones went up 3 feet yesterday. 12,136 CFS inflow. Still raining at 6000 feet

Don Pedro went up 5 feet yesterday. 29,288 CFS inflow. Still raining at 6000 feet

McClure went up 12 feet yesterday . 20,317 CFS inflow. Still raining at 6000 feet.

There is still a ton of snow below 6000 feet and it's still raining.

These inflow numbers don't take into the water that is flowing in from all the creeks either.

This site gives you the daily reservoir levels :

This is still adding a ton of snow to the higher elevations.

Last edited:

dakinunit

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
New Melones went up 3 feet yesterday. 12,136 CFS inflow. Still raining at 6000 feet

Don Pedro went up 5 feet yesterday. 29,288 CFS inflow. Still raining at 6000 feet

McClure went up 12 feet yesterday . 20,317 CFS inflow. Still raining at 6000 feet.

There is still a ton of snow below 6000 feet and it's still raining.

These inflow numbers don't take into the water that is flowing in from all the creeks either.

This is still adding a ton of snow to the higher elevations.
Right now CA is having the best winter since i have been alive,i took that pic yesterday coming back from goose hunting,You can't see the lookout on Thompson Peak,I have lived in Janesville most of my life,not a hard winter at all,but she won't slow down ...

Kevin Burroughs

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this keeps up it should beat the 1983 snowpack records. It filled New Melones in 4 months just after it was completed.

Don Pedro was at pool from May 15 till the end of September and there was 6000 CFS in the river all spring and summer.

Sonora Pass didn't open until the Fourth of July weekend and there was sill 20 foot walls of snow going over the pass.

CA Birdman

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not being a local, Trinity is filled by snowpack is my understanding. Going up to Anderson every weekend from mid January to end of February there was a ton of snow up in the mountains, so my guess is will fill later in year.

derbyacresbob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I flew over the Tulare Lake Bottom when it was flooded in 1983. It was pretty impressive to see that huge lake where it is normally farm land.

I just copied and pasted this below about the Tulare Lake bed.

A New Lake Bottom

In southern Kings County, all eyes are on Deer Creek and the White River, according to Jack Mitchell, head of the Deer Creek Flood Control District.
“We have equipment on call and are just waiting to see,” Mitchell said. “I think this is gonna be a 100-year flood with how much snow there is. If this storm melts it up to 8,000 feet, we’re gonna get hit.”
The small town of Alpaugh should be OK, he said. Land to the north and east, however, could be flooded for the first time thanks to groundwater overpumping that has sunk the land, he added.
“It’s gonna be hell for the people up there,” Mitchell said. “They’re in a hole and they don’t know it.”
Related Story: Possible Flooding, High Winds Put Local Officials on Alert
Historically, Deer Creek and White River followed gravity into the old Tulare Lake bed. That water has to be pumped into the lakebed now because the land around Angiola along Highway 43 has sunk 24 feet, according to a recent elevation survey conducted for the Deer Creek district, Mitchell said.
“That’s the new lake bottom.”
In fact, a 2017 engineering study for California High-Speed Rail, which runs along Highway 43, said the topography east of Corcoran had changed so much because of groundwater pumping that entirely new flood zones had been created.
That could be problematic for Corcoran, which has a levee west of town protecting it from flood waters that have historically risen from the old Tulare Lake. There is no levee protecting it from flood waters east of town.
“That’s a theory,” said Dustin Fuller, head of the Cross Creek Flood Control District. “But the good news is Tulare Lake has to fill up before it affects our levee and we’re a very long way from that.”
In 2017, the district had to rush to rebuild the levee, which had sunk from groundwater overpumping. Pumping on a massive scale has continued to sink the levee, along with Corcoran and the Tulare Lake bed.

hunt'ngreen

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
whats going on with Trinity?

refuses to go up
Yup plenty of snow up there, it hasn't been effected by warmer rains like farther south in the state.. plenty of pack around it.

Hunter/Gather

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We're having just average precip up here this winter. Crescent City is actually below their average. There has been a lot of it as low snow the last several weeks. It was still snowing above 4,000 ft yesterday, so not a lot of melt runoff. The inflow at the gauge of the Trinity R. above the lake is way low. That could change with this next warmer storm, but only some very minor flooding on expected along Northcoast rivers.

Mitch

fugewrk55

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
KCRA had Tuesday's line of moisture pointed more northbound in the chico/red bluff/shasta areas so hopefully that water hits Shasta and Trinity.
Almost 7 million acre feet with just those 2