Big Push of Canadas

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Langford, Dec 4, 2019.

1. slacktide

slacktide Elite Refuge Member

at work or behind the wheel driving to work...
    ICE!!! our tidal not so brackish water had skim ice on it this morning! Cold & Calm... first bird at 8 am... birds were definitely headed to feed... lots of rusty shooters around.. the guys hunting the pit at our lease ( won't mention names) had four or five good volleys for what should have been 3 or 4 birds. ( they were still set up as we were leaving the farm) Geese seemed very receptive to decoys and calling....

2. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Inland I would assume they would fly in the afternoon the same as the last two days where it was bitter cold. I was bayfront and they constantly move down there.

I’ll say this, I never made a note on the call and it took us 9 shells for our 6 geese. We made a great opening morning hunt.

3. Z71

Z71 Refuge Member

4. Z71

Z71 Refuge Member

Gotta few hanging around!

5. Langford

Langford Senior Refuge Member

Set up early, was finished by 9. 7 geese.

6. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Senior Refuge Member

Nice job guys. Glad you got em. Any ducks to speak of or just geese.

7. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

I saw several groups of Cans this morning that I believe were just arriving here.

8. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Senior Refuge Member

8D975DD7-0849-4039-BBD3-0A7D2867576E.jpeg C88CA932-7627-4745-A142-57CF665AECFB.jpeg Sounds like the only big numbers of ducks are up here in Patapsco and bodkin area. An it’s only bluebills. Actually had some birds outback this morn. Guess it’s just spotty right now.

9. SAXIS ISLANDER

SAXIS ISLANDER Elite Refuge Member

10. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

20191221_160325.jpg Spent more time working than hunting yesterday but did manage to get my dog some work besides running around the farm with us. We were hunting off of a crp field and she also found an antler shed and brought it to me. Never trained her to find sheds but after the find we did go out back and hide the antler several times and she continued to find it. May have to take her on a couple walks in february to see what she can find. She seemed a bit tired today just like me.

Wish I could of gotten up in a tree yesterday or took the muzzleloader out in the blind as deer were moving well yesterday afternoon.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019