Big Push of Canadas

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Langford, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Mr_Mallard

Mr_Mallard Elite Refuge Member

Amen to that langford

2. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Senior Refuge Member

If I wanna sit with my buddy’s n shoot the breeze I can do so in other places then a boat at dark thirty freezing our tails off. I’m there to shoot n have some duck bites or flying prime rib. Hope u guys get everything u want outta goose season. Flock of geese flock of ducks. All the same to me. I hunted the fri after thanksgiving n saw more geese in a spot that I never saw a goose before. Maybe 200. Not a lot but deff different.

3. Dirtybird420

Oh shut it. You love shooting ducks to lol.

4. Mr_Mallard

Mr_Mallard Elite Refuge Member

I love ducks and geese lol i hunt mostly over water so i get the best of both worlds

5. Dirtybird420

Yup they all splash. I’ll take the chance of 6 plus 1 over just 1 any day. On a good note everyone should recoup some money. Only need 1 box of shells for season.

Mr_Mallard likes this.
  6. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

No I just know the area and drive it enough to know that there are plenty of birds in that area. I honestly didn’t think anybody would be stupid enough to post observation of a noon time drive as observations of bird numbers. Sorry that I gave you too much credit in thinking that you were talking about times where birds would actually be in fields in mass.

Ruination likes this.
  7. Trevor Shannahan

If I don’t pull the trigger on a waterfowl hunt more than once a year then something is seriously wrong. In fact last season was the first year ever where I had more than 1 skunk and it was 2.

I’m not there to make a huge pile so I don’t mind the limit changes, but I for sure hunt waterfowl over deer because I like pulling the trigger. I would much rather hunt ducks though. If I never shot another Canada goose in my life it wouldn’t hurt my feelings.

8. Cfoty

Cfoty Senior Refuge Member

For the younger ones on this thread I wish you could have seen the early 1980’s that’s when there where geese on the eastern shore especially Kent county. Compared to that there’s nothing here now. I can remember driving down 213 between Elkton and Cecilton for the afternoon hunt and if geese were flying you’d be pissed because you where going to be late. You could drive by ponds in Kennedyville, Fairlee and Worton and they’d literally be black with geese. I’ve hunted in Fairlee when geese would leave roosting ponds and you’d watch flock after flock for hours as they’d go out to feed in the afternoon. Like Archie Bunker used to say “those were the days”

Allan and Smackdown 870 like this.
  9. Trevor Shannahan

Sounds like the mid-2000s, didn’t have to be around in the 80s to see that. We literally went years without having a day without a limit after the moratorium ended. We will never be back to that with ag practices in NY now though.

Smackdown 870 likes this.
  10. Cfoty

Cfoty Senior Refuge Member

Hate to disagree with you but the mid 2000’s were nothing like the late 70’s to the late 80’s

Allan and Smackdown 870 like this.