Big Push of Canadas

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Langford, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Z71

Z71 Refuge Member

Agreed....Masonite Silo's and some tires were all you needed

2. Smackdown 870

Smackdown 870 Elite Refuge Member

I will say
    While it was fun in the early 2000’s it was nothing like the 80’s we would see flocks of dark geese that would last hours... flocks that would rival any snow geese flocks and they were everywhere.... there was no out of the flyway places..... it all was the flyway. The fields outside Masey were packed every field. The kids of today will never see that... sorry to say but its true.

3. Cfoty

Cfoty Senior Refuge Member

Smackdown 870. You’re correct everywhere was flyway and yes unfortunately these guys will never see that

4. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

We hunted up there in the mid 80 s and had to stop the car twice for geese crossing the road. All through the night you could hear the geese. Took a few days to get the goose honk ringing out my ears. There was a loose goose up there then!

5. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like the mid 2000s to me. Everywhere had birds and limits were pretty much guaranteed for 45 straight days. I smoked birds outside of Massey, Earleville, etc that haven’t seen a goose in years. We might not have had the exact same amount of geese, but the hunting was every bit the same and geese were literally everywhere on the north shore and limits were easily had quickly. It was not possible to have better hunting other than you had a 3 bird limit.

6. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

How the hell are you arguing about a comparison to the 80s when you weren't alive?

7. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

it’s Trevor, you say black, he says white.

WABBIT-SLAYER and creedsduckman like this.
  8. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Senior Refuge Member

I wasn’t born till 87 so no clue about the geese. But the music was deff better in 80’s then the 2000’s.

Allan and Smackdown 870 like this.
  9. Bwana1

Bwana1 Elite Refuge Member

I am 72 years old, and remember the goose hunting in the 1970s and 80s. The numbers of geese, and a 90 day season, 3 bird limit, will not be forgotten. Hunting is still good, but never like the old days...
    What changed? Very good nesting success on the AP and AF geese over many years, compared to recent years.......simple.

10. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

What he described was exactly what it was in the mid 2000s, and I have had plenty of people tell me the hunting was the exact same as back then.