Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Big Ten cancels football season

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Ducker 4 Ever, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

Will other conferences follow? Rumor is the Pac 12 will announce their cancelation soon.

2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I knew this was coming. The dominos are falling. Sad state of affairs for sports fans. I am very depressed for real.

3. jjgoose

jjgoose Senior Refuge Member

FOR THE LOVE OF PETE........NOOOOOOOOOOO. Now my life is officially directly affected by covid. It's going to be a rough fall.

4. Vammy

Vammy Elite Refuge Member

Yup. This just sucks.

5. JJVizinat

JJVizinat Senior Refuge Member

What a joke. Not that I care that much about sports anymore, but just think about how brainwashed we’ve become. We played college football through WWII, ya know, the war where est. 19-29 million people died from disease and famine around the world. Covid isn’t anywhere near that.

Fowler267 and THEIRCOMMITED10 like this.
  6. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Virtue signaling. There is no viable reason for any P5 conference or program to cancel yet. Hopefully the players pushing #wewanttoplay will get loud. Big time college ball may eventually have to be cancelled, but there is no reason to yet. Things change fast.

THEIRCOMMITED10 likes this.
  7. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

It is sad, very sad they have succumbed to this BS. The sheep are in control! The money lost will have a effect.

8. Huskermut

Huskermut Senior Refuge Member

Fall won't be the same this year. Guess I'll just hunt more.

letmwurk and Vammy like this.
  9. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Senior Refuge Member

All the conferences will likely follow. And all levels of football too—already FCS conferences are canceling (or “delaying until spring”) their seasons. The political pressure will be too much—even the SEC will not want to be the only conference playing games this fall.

For what it’s worth, I think this sucks and I love fall football. I’m going to miss my season ticket neighbors and tailgate friends. But, I don’t mind getting to hunt more AND I kinda like the idea of spring football. Better weather, days getting longer instead of shorter, and no hunting season to conflict with.

num70 likes this.
  10. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Virtually all the conferences and teams outside the P5 have to cancel because they'll lose more money trying to play than by cancelling. The whiny players making outrageous demands better get ready. A lot of smaller programs will not come back from this, and there will be a lot of decent players shopping for a team.