Big Tree Fall Hard

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Neighborhood reminds me of Kirkwood or Webster Groves.

bullpinnie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Neighborhood reminds me of Kirkwood or Webster Groves.
Yep,........ I'm sandwiched in between the two in Glendale.

Reactions: JP

FinnsNFeathers

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
a tree big enough to fall on a neighbor’s property should be forbidden…

Yep…could have killed somebody easily. But, if the neighbor likes his tree who cares?

Wait, you were serious?

I realize you live in Nevada, which has about 3 trees in the entire state and nobody, to my knowledge, has ever died from being steamrolled by sagebrush blowing in a storm. But in most of the country, neighborhoods are filled with trees.

But yes, let's cut down the roughly 500 million trees around the country (plus the 3 in Nevada) that could possibly fall on their neighbors property and hurt someone.

This is actually a bigger issue than I thought. A quick Google search revealed a frequently referenced study out of Kent State in 2008 that identified 407 US fatalities from wind-related falling trees and branches from 1995-2007. So roughly 31 people a year over those 13 years.

Human Fatalities from Wind Related Tree Failures

You've changed my mind. This should be seriously considered, right up there with banning guns. Only selfish people have trees in their yard.

Save those 31 people next year. Ban trees.

stevena198301

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The Lexus is my wife's rig.......
Here's what mine look's like ( sort of). this one got totaled 5 years ago when my neighbors tree fell on it. It was only 2 weeks old at the time. I replaced it with another one just like it.
View attachment 350754
I remember you posting this here then. They make a lift kit for your wife’s GX. Just sayin’…

bullpinnie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

Porter Bayou

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
a tree big enough to fall on a neighbor’s property should be forbidden…
Tell ya what. How bout you let those of use that enjoy shade make that decision. Umkay?

fowlwhacker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
fall trees suck when it is in your yard especially when it is one of the neighbors and they ignore it. good thing no one or vehicles, boats or building were damaged. I chalk it up as firewood that I don't have to haul to far. I got rid of any of the big trees close to the house and targeted those ones hanging over the house not long after I moved in. surrounded by woods and enjoy them and the nature that comes with them but couldn't sweat the risk of one falling on the house. neighbors had a big one come down last year on 3 of their vehicles and house and garage. Totaled all three vehicles. after that they thinned out there trees close to the house but still have several close enough to split the house in two. I got a bit pizzed last night when one of the nasty storms blew over a bunch of sunflowers but fortunately didn't drop any major trees but have some work to clean up limbs in yard before the next mow.

Fogie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Wait, you were serious?

I realize you live in Nevada, which has about 3 trees in the entire state and nobody, to my knowledge, has ever died from being steamrolled by sagebrush blowing in a storm. But in most of the country, neighborhoods are filled with trees.

But yes, let's cut down the roughly 500 million trees around the country (plus the 3 in Nevada) that could possibly fall on their neighbors property and hurt someone.

This is actually a bigger issue than I thought. A quick Google search revealed a frequently referenced study out of Kent State in 2008 that identified 407 US fatalities from wind-related falling trees and branches from 1995-2007. So roughly 31 people a year over those 13 years.

Human Fatalities from Wind Related Tree Failures

You've changed my mind. This should be seriously considered, right up there with banning guns. Only selfish people have trees in their yard.

Save those 31 people next year. Ban trees.

lol…you have never been here, obviously. Falling trees are a huge issue in this valley especially when caliche prohibits deep root growth.
Comparing trees that can come down anytime and guns in the safe is a leap but if you think so…sure. I would compare it to having big dogs run wild, myself.
There is an empty pool next door and one behind me because of an irresponsible tree owner..they can’t be maintained due to the guys mess raining down. I offered to pay for half of the removal, a judge will soon have him pay it all. It could fall on any of four houses and the guy resists but not for long, the trunk is four feet thick.

Last edited: