Big Tree Fall Hard

tripper

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got three huge pecan trees in my yard. They wouldn't hit any neighbors house but they would destroy mine if they fell. And they do provide a lot of shade.

Fogie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I got three huge pecan trees in my yard. They wouldn't hit any neighbors house but they would destroy mine if they fell. And they do provide a lot of shade.

That is your choice to make, only you and your’s have to sleep under them.
Yep. It’s like having pitbulls, bull mastiffs or something imo, good and fine to choose to have them but they certainly shouldn’t be inflicted upon your neighbors…mess or danger-wise.

Native NV Ducker

Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others
Reaction score
Pine trees (that's all we have) are nitorious for having shallow roots. I have sat on my front deck and watched 70-90 footers blow over across the street.
I have had to go down the road 10-15 times since I have been here to clear the road. Everyone knows I got the tools needed, so when a tree goes down, they come back up the road to us and let me know. Our trees aren't monsters, usually. Typical is 14"-18" round. I cut em short enough to get em off the road, then come back the next day with the ATV/Trailer and collect the rounds.

nobands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I've had a couple of huge old soft maples cut down that I didn't I want over the house. Notorious for hollows. The one that was over the north side and only 20 foot from the house was one of the biggest I've ever seen . The cut a foot above the ground was 70 inches across.
After it was cut , that tree was solid as could be , but really it was just a matter time before it had to come down.ive planted quite a few trees to get the shade back , but with a bit more thought on where.

Fogie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Pine trees (that's all we have) are nitorious for having shallow roots. I have sat on my front deck and watched 70-90 footers blow over across the street.
I have had to go down the road 10-15 times since I have been here to clear the road. Everyone knows I got the tools needed, so when a tree goes down, they come back up the road to us and let me know. Our trees aren't monsters, usually. Typical is 14"-18" round. I cut em short enough to get em off the road, then come back the next day with the ATV/Trailer and collect the rounds.

You have seen the behemoth mondell pines here and know how small the yards are typically. Plus the things hardly have roots, just little balls of them. When the rains come and the wind blows they come down right and left.
The last straw for that tree next door came last weekend. She had cleaned the trash from that tree from the drainage on one of my aluminum awnings a few weeks ago, last Thursday the wind blew then the monsoon rain came. The wind blew enough of the guy’s litter in an hour into the drains that the roof runoff split the aluminum panels, it’s done.
Between that and the block wall damage, it’s going before another awning goes up.

FinnsNFeathers

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
lol…you have never been here, obviously.
I live in right next door. I have been in and through Nevada hundreds of times. Seen every corner of your state. I've only ever actually seen 2 trees. But I assumed based on your post you had a neighbor that had one. So I rounded up to 3.

There's a big difference between an old aging diseased tree that needs removal and stating that, "a tree big enough to fall on a neighbors property should be removed". Literally every single tree on every single residential street of my entire town could potentially fall and is big enough that it would be touching a neighboring property. The same could be said of just about every single residential neighborhood in every town across the country.

Your statement was dumb. Either you didn't mean it in it's entirety...or you are a moron.

Fogie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
….. I have been in and through Nevada hundreds of times. Seen every corner of your state. I've only ever actually seen 2 trees….., "a tree big enough to fall on a neighbors property should be removed".
:l and who are you quoting?….who knew that talking about trees and their neglectful owners could be so much fun for me and super-triggering for others?

and….you have never been here, obviously. lol

Last edited:

FinnsNFeathers

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
a tree big enough to fall on a neighbor’s property should be forbidden…

who are you quoting?
My bad, you said forbidden...not removed. I was way off.

you have never been here, obviously.

Yes, I have, literally hundreds of times. But I see you're not too quick on sarcasm. I'll give you a second chance.

Not triggered at all. Just wondering what kind of person would actually think it should be forbidden for anyone to have a tree in their yard large enough to touch their neighbors property should it eventually fall sometime during it's 100+ year lifetime. Now I know. That's some real progressive thinking. I like it.

I'm actually going to start a petition here as well to remove every single tree from my town. Those things are dangerous. And I mean really...what benefit do they serve? They have no business being in a residential neighborhood.

Okay, sarcasm aside. Serious question. Should we actually just push for this new law at the Federal level, that way we protect everyone? Or should this be a States issue? Or maybe we just encourage everyone to join their local HOA and enforce a height limit of about 10 feet? Are you president of your HOA? Probably not, that's why you hired a lawyer and your case is in court. That's too bad. Around here, HOA's have an incredible amount legal power enforcing things like that. I encourage you to move out of the Nevada neighborhood with the three trees and join your HOA board just in case someone gets a crazy hairbrained idea like...planting a fourth tree.

Either you didn't mean it in it's entirety...or you are a moron.

I guess that answers that. Good luck with your lawsuit.

Fogie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My bad, you said forbidden...not removed. I was way off.

Yes, I have, literally hundreds of times. But I see you're not too quick on sarcasm. I'll give you a second chance.

Not triggered at all. Just wondering what kind of person would actually think it should be forbidden for anyone to have a tree in their yard large enough to touch their neighbors property should it eventually fall sometime during it's 100+ year lifetime. Now I know. That's some real progressive thinking. I like it.

I'm actually going to start a petition here as well to remove every single tree from my town. Those things are dangerous. And I mean really...what benefit do they serve? They have no business being in a residential neighborhood.

Okay, sarcasm aside. Serious question. Should we actually just push for this new law at the Federal level, that way we protect everyone? Or should this be a States issue? Or maybe we just encourage everyone to join their local HOA and ………………………………………………………….
jeez, thats a lot of typing. I just read it as “reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!”

”reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!”
:l..thanks, man

Last edited: