Big Tree Fall Hard

Porter Bayou

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
lol…you have never been here, obviously. Falling trees are a huge issue in this valley especially when caliche prohibits deep root growth.
Comparing trees that can come down anytime and guns in the safe is a leap but if you think so…sure. I would compare it to having big dogs run wild, myself.
There is an empty pool next door and one behind me because of an irresponsible tree owner..they can’t be maintained due to the guys mess raining down. I offered to pay for half of the removal, a judge will soon have him pay it all. It could fall on any of four houses and the guy resists but not for long, the trunk is four feet thick.
Was the tree there when you purchased your home?

Fogie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Was the tree there when you purchased your home?

no..and that doesn’t matter and neither do the pools or my awning except to my decent neighbors and I.
It’s the block wall damage that ensures it’s demise at full cost to the owner, now…the opinion of karens notwithstanding.

FinnsNFeathers

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
the opinion of karens notwithstanding.
LOL, you do realize that your position on this matter is literally the urban dictionary definition of Karen, right? You ARE the Karen.

But look, if it's truly an invasive tree that is legitimately either causing damage and/or a real threat to fall. Then I would be the Karen in your situation as well. But that's not what you said, you made a very broad statement. And I, as I'm sitting here sipping my scotch, had fun poking at the absurdity of that broad statement being applied across the board. Not triggered. Pure entertainment.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, although I'm not quite sure yet if you deserve it. But my scotch is empty and I'm bored. So I'm not sticking around to find out.

Fogie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
LOL, you do realize that your position on this matter is literally the urban dictionary definition of Karen, right? You ARE the Karen.

But look, if it's truly an invasive tree that is legitimately either causing damage and/or a real threat to fall. Then I would be the Karen in your situation as well. But that's not what you said, you made a very broad statement. And I, as I'm sitting here sipping my scotch, had fun poking at the absurdity of that broad statement being applied across the board. Not triggered. Pure entertainment.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, although I'm not quite sure yet if you deserve it. But my scotch is empty and I'm bored. So I'm not sticking around to find out.

reeee?

All good fun, bud. Trees and stuff…pfffft

Last edited:

Empty Skies

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The power company cut an ash tree out of my yard a couple of months ago. It took them 3 days to get it done. They didn't have a bucket truck with a long enough boom and had to bring in a climber. I tried counting rings and got up around 100. I've got two ash trees in the backyard that will have to come down eventually when the emerald ash borers get up this way. I'm guessing it'll cost somewhere around 8 grand to get it done. They are truly huge.

We had 8 ash taken out of the yard all over 100 years old & huge. Those emerald ash borers are wreaking havoc.

GUNNERX2

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We had 8 ash taken out of the yard all over 100 years old & huge. Those emerald ash borers are wreaking havoc.
The forester that came out to check the cutting crew's work said that the ash borers had reached Nashville and I'm just 20 miles north.

waterrat

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The forester that came out to check the cutting crew's work said that the ash borers had reached Nashville and I'm just 20 miles north.
I hope they don't make it this far west. I started several ash trees in my yard a decade ago from sprigs off another tree. They are all thriving and casting much needed shade on my yard. I'd have my feelers hurt if I had to cut them down now, just as they are starting to look majestic.

hunting1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I hope they don't make it this far west. I started several ash trees in my yard a decade ago from sprigs off another tree. They are all thriving and casting much needed shade on my yard. I'd have my feelers hurt if I had to cut them down now, just as they are starting to look majestic.
Commercially, this chemical has been very effective on the beetle. The key is to treat before infestation and that requires monitoring of your area for signs of the borer. Usually the county or municipality will provide updates on request. This wasn't available to the public but looks like now it is? If it is, you'll need Arborjets injection guns to apply it correctly. If I remember right, they developed an injection pressure of 3000 psi and cost a pretty penny. Certified arborist with a reputable tree care company in your area should have access to this stuff and IMO is your best bet for successful saving your tree without wasting time and money on the retail DIY options.

Latest posts