California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Binoculars

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Berdnird, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Refugeguy

Refugeguy Elite Refuge Member

I paid 600 used for my2k plus swarofskis . Think
    Makira had em for months on here for sale and no one bit. That being said . Most of the above mentioned are fine and great .its when low light ,very low light and long range come into play that the difference is minimal

2. duckrig

duckrig Elite Refuge Member

Vortex vipers

3. MAKAIRA

MAKAIRA Elite Refuge Member

thought it came with a guaranteed deer hunt?

4. Refugeguy

Refugeguy Elite Refuge Member

HA... anytime. . Buy a d7 tag .come to the cabin. Shoot quial . Catch trout .see does and maybe get a forky

5. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

For the price you may give Athlon a look. I believe camera land had a sale going on them.

6. MAKAIRA

MAKAIRA Elite Refuge Member

When is D7 season?

7. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  8. Humboldt Hunter

Humboldt Hunter Senior Refuge Member

Big 3 are worth it. Don't waste your money on anything else. Save til you can buy them. Why buy a mediocre pair when eventually you'll get tired of them and probably buy one of the nice pairs anyways.
    On a mule deer hunt one of my buddies could see a nice 3X4 about 22 wide at 800 yds or so. Through my $300+ plus (and heavy as a brick) binos I couldn't see it. I looked through his swaros and saw it instantly. Is the couple hundred in savings worth not seeing the buck of a lifetime? Not that, that buck was.
    I knew that I could never buy swaros. I have a young family as well. Extra money is hard to come by. Eventually my wife found a great deal on some used swaro 8X32 ELs. Ebay I believe. And if memory serves me right. I believe they were $400 give or take a bit. Worth every but of the $$$ and the years of waiting. Been using em for years now. Unless they break, I'll have no need for another pair.
    Oh yeah, I rarely ever get the bulging behind the eyes headache from using them. My old cheap binos were horrible about that. A couple hours at best til my eyes hurt with cheap glass. Oh yeah. Those $300+ binos I had, in a tote in the attic for years now. I hang on to them because they will pry be used by my kids one day.
    Good luck with finding glass you like and suits your needs. Buy once cry once!

theboy, Refugeguy and Ratdaddy like this.
  9. Ducky18

Ducky18 Senior Refuge Member

Another vote for Vortex. I have the viper HD and they are all I need and more.

10. Calikev

Calikev Elite Refuge Member

If I were still a deer hunter I would spend $$$ on a pair of quality optics. Amazing what a difference they make in clarity and eye relief. Zeiss, Leica and Swarovski's are nice.

If no way to save then the Leupold's aren't bad.

Refugeguy and Ratdaddy like this.