Bird flu?

Aaron

Reaction score
I have a recent SD bird flu video but do not know how to post a vid. Any help?

Last edited:

Smalma

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
According to media reports at least some of the Wiser geese have been confirmed to have bird flu. This afternoon there were more sick birds on Fir Island than this AM. A concerned about the bald eagles. Up until 10 days ago there were quite a few eagles on Fir Island (saw as many as 8 in one day (not a complete census); today none. The birds may have move to the rivers for the spawning chums but that may be wishful thinking.

Curt

NWh2ofowlr

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I took multiple videos of birds in ditches on Fir Island acting all weird. I walked up to them to see if they were shot or sick. Didn't see any red bloches on them from bleeding and they were acting more on the sick side vs. sailed birds.

Aaron

Reaction score
The video I have has a lot of sick and dying birds. Several lakes in SD have 1,000 plus sick and dead ones. Mostly young of the year snows and blues.

tediousimpala

Reaction score
I was at Leque and saw a snipe having trouble flying, kind of just bumbling around. Eventually crashed into the mud and sat there. Went over to it and there was a snow goose sitting in the weeds that we never saw land there and hadn't been making any noise the whole morning (we had taken shots at birds and it wasn't phased). Definitely sick birds out there.

Mallardmasher

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I paddled aqua pod this morning right up to 4 geese, within 5 ‘. And they did not even seem like I was there. My lab was going nuts, not hunting just dog pod work

full choke

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Posted this link on another thread. With Eagles dying in the big city, there is bound to be some major reactions...

Duck_Hunter_88

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have not seen any evidence on the east side of WA...yet. I've seen many tests that are negative...sounds like an internet rumor to me????

Mallardmasher

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Call the bio’s at Sauvie island refuge and ask if a rumor. Pro blew there is they are leaving the dead for nature to deal with. Gonna be a lot of scavenger bald eagle to deal with, with that attitude

fishnclifff

Reaction score
Hunted blind 6 at sauvies, and there where at least 14 dead ducks laying around it, the bio said birds flu. I asked why they don’t pick them up and burn them, he said the boss wants to let nature take it’s course. I said let Just kill off the Eagles that eat them. Makes since to me. Go figure
Same here.
I was at McNary during their outbreak. They were picking up dead birds every 2 hrs. Suavie Island isn't doing squat. I told them the eagles were going to die too. They said they don't have any guidance or instructions on what to do from ODFW.