Bird Flu.

Bullet21XD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sitting here drying out after getting rid of a dozen or so birds lying dead in this hunting spot.

I've hunted this area 7 out of the last 8 days and every morning there's a new batch of sick or dead birds. I haven't found too many ducks except for early this year, but haven't really been looking for them. The snows and honkers tend to be in lighter cover and are much easier to see.

By the time this area freezes, literally thousands upon thousands of birds will have perished. Last year was nearly as bad.

It really is sad. I've been shooting a bunch of them...but done with that. It never ends. We shot a limit of Mallards Tuesday with Snow Geese sleeping in the decoys.

Hope the wardens have the sense to realize hunters may not be leaving a bunch of dead and crippled birds behind.

Anyone seeing similar??

Happy Thanksgiving from the marsh!

RingbillRon

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Got a call a few minutes ago about a ton of outbreaks in SEMO and AR. Most of it was significant numbers of snows.

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sitting here drying out after getting rid of a dozen or so birds lying dead in this hunting spot.

I've hunted this area 7 out of the last 8 days and every morning there's a new batch of sick or dead birds. I haven't found too many ducks except for early this year, but haven't really been looking for them. The snows and honkers tend to be in lighter cover and are much easier to see.

By the time this area freezes, literally thousands upon thousands of birds will have perished. Last year was nearly as bad.

It really is sad. I've been shooting a bunch of them...but done with that. It never ends. We shot a limit of Mallards Tuesday with Snow Geese sleeping in the decoys.

Hope the wardens have the sense to realize hunters may not be leaving a bunch of dead and crippled birds behind.

Anyone seeing similar??

Happy Thanksgiving from the marsh!
Just some not a bunch. :l:l

Gmack

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Found blue wings in SW LA about 3 weeks ago. I haven’t noticed any ducks or coots dead or acting funny over here on the SE side.

Fasteel72

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
These were found round Harrisburg Arkansas.
0E379975-59E2-4AD4-AE18-6A7608B7E021.png

oldsquaw

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Has anyone informed the us government that birds carrying the bird flu virus somehow made it out of Canada? It must’ve gotten here by hunters who went to Canada and brought the disease back.

woodiefanatic

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Wow - didn't realize it was so bad. We saw a couple here and a few there in SK and the Dakota's however that was several weeks ago. There was a story on the news this week about Loon Lake near Waseca that has a hundred or so dead Canada's and ducks.

The article states preliminary results on those birds is they died from eating moldy grain.