Bitcoin Jesus is getting Crucified...

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Imagine a retail investor getting a $47 million dollar margin call when they have negative equity... You hope that they have some assets hidden...

Crypto exchange CoinFlex claims ‘Bitcoin Jesus’ is the investor behind $47 million debt

BigSkyDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I believe this fits the definition of the old saw that “If you owe the bank $100 the bank owns you. If you owe the bank $47 million, you own the bank.” Really, what’s their recourse here? This guy doesn’t have $47 million to give unless and until Bitcoin comes back. Until then they are stuck trying to get blood from a stone.

BigSkyDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yep, CoinFlex is now an equity investor in Bitcoin in partnership with this dude. Play stupid games…

Reactions: JP

Steelshot Scott

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not that anyone could have predicted this. He would have been derisively treated by the smarter tech savvy crowd.

No, wait. I predicted all this.

I pointed out that crypto is not a new phenomenon, the same kind of speculative fads have ALWAYS ended badly. But, those who know history are doomed to watch those that don't repeat it.

No one ever got rich and stayed rich off a pyramid scheme.

letmwurk

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Didn’t read the article but how did he not get a margin call prior to this point? If the company let it get to this point I don’t know if they have any recourse.

Bclick

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
This will keep Schiff going for another decade at least

Bear

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I thought some conservative guru on here recommended investing in Bitcoin?

Last edited:

Steelshot Scott

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I can't remember all the crypto gurus, but Lippy was very condescending over my dismissal of bitcoin

Of course, if you got in early and managed to figure a way to actually get something real for your pretend money before the bottom fell out, you might have made some money.

Otherwise, bitcoin will go the way of every other get rich quick scheme.

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Didn’t read the article but how did he not get a margin call prior to this point? If the company let it get to this point I don’t know if they have any recourse.
You’d have to imagine that there would have to of been a maintenance amount that they had to maintain in the account.

Latest posts