Black lives matter explained.

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by huntandfishguy, Jun 8, 2020.

1. BlackLegendGauge

BlackLegendGauge Senior Refuge Member

https://www.bostonfairhousing.org/timeline/1934-1968-FHA-Redlining.html

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/03/5266...-of-how-the-u-s-government-segregated-america

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mjrl.o...g-and-the-destruction-of-minority-wealth/amp/

https://www.repository.law.indiana....le.com/&httpsredir=1&article=2715&context=ilj

4 articles explains redlining and discrimination in the fair housing acts.

hopefully I won’t need citation for the Supreme Court cases......

And guys do me a favor and find a couple better reading articles. These were to please the mod.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2020
  2. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

Owning one's content is good in so many ways. FWIW, my own observation is that typically authors citing SCOTUS (or other external) rulings will have an embed link within their document. So there's that. :tu

3. Bigshot75

Bigshot75 Elite Refuge Member

BLG, you are so confusing! You post four links to what you believe in, or are promoting, then say don’t read these find something better?? I would really like to understand your thoughts a little better, but you make it so hard to understand let alone believe! Take a deep breath and drop the hate! I haven’t seen a single person attack your thoughts on here, just giving varying opinions! You have very valid points, just have a hard time making them believable!

4. BlackLegendGauge

What I meant was I just googled redlining and what came up first is what I attached.

My post, that had many points in history from 1915 - 2008 was deleted. So yea I had no idea what was in the articles I "CITED".... I had supreme court cases to times of our history that were actually named like (The Great Migration) and for some reason it was the ONLY post to get deleted off this thread for "citation"

If I was showing displeasure in my previous post it was toward a single person... No hate here.

5. BlackLegendGauge

6. Calikev

Calikev Elite Refuge Member

They live where they can afford to live. It is a cycle they get stuck in and can't make their way out of it. The problem is politicians over the years have made attempts to fix this problem but handouts do not work. It just deepens the cycle. They need to be on equal footing but historically they have not had the opportunity to be on equal footing. There are many reasons why this happens and the numbers show time and time again they are not given the same opportunities. Honestly I don't know how you fix the problem without creating a whole set of new problems. This is why reparations and similar things haven't worked well before. They do not allow for self sufficiency. Affirmative action isn't always fair either and can lead to reverse discrimination as well.

My biggest frustration lies with the media. No matter what station you watch or tune into, you are only seeing what they want you to see. You have to watch it all now days to get a fair understanding of it and the truth often is in the middle. Liberals and conservatives both infuse their listeners/viewers with major propaganda now. Just watching GMA every morning I chuckle at how biased they are. They run a story about a woman in Central Park who calls the police on a black man because he told her to leash her dog. This is a national story? Are you kidding me? Then yesterday they run a story about a black family denied service at a restaurant because of a dress code, but they feel they were denied because they were black. They pointed out a white kid dressed the same was allowed in. This is national news? I mean both stories are disheartening and make you cringe but this is national news? They choose to run this vs. running a story that 3 black teens were arrested for the murder of a PR Director who was gunned down sitting in her driveway while on the phone. They tried to carjack her. Was this not worthy of making the news? We have become more enamored with racism then we have with cold blooded murder? There is something wrong there.

The media is controlled by both parties depending on what you watch. They brainwash their audiences and they come away with even more hate and frustration with the other side. Often times they are on point but they often go way too far and that is when folks need to realize they are being influenced beyond rational sense.

7. BlackLegendGauge

Amen about the media boss. I don't watch it. I have Netflix for the fiance and Espn app so I can watch my sports.

If something comes across the screen during my morning readings that I think is interesting then I take a peak but you couldn't pay me to turn on ANY news channel and sit there and watch it.

8. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

Exactly why I watch zero TV news which to me seems specially crafted for non-thinkers. I get a daily newspaper, but reading is limited to sports and comics. News I view is pretty much limited to OAN on the internet. Then there's this here political forum thingy...

Bigshot75 likes this.
  9. Bigshot75

10. Bigshot75