Blind drawing

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Thanks looks good on the map is all I know
I honestly don’t know. Been a long time since I really paid attention to which draw blinds at Reelfoot are currently hot. Hopefully someone who knows will chime in. Input on maximizing a blind can make a huge difference.

charlie8584

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sent this to my commissioner

If twra is serious about increasing duck hunting opportunities, the private blinds MUST be continued. Eliminating them will decrease opportunities by eliminating guided hunts at reelfoot and west sandy. I support allowing the current private blinds to remain private indefinitely. This will likewise maintain the local economic stimulation. Please introduce regulations to maintain these blinds.

MtnFarmer

Refuge Member
Reaction score
I honestly don’t know. Been a long time since I really paid attention to which draw blinds at Reelfoot are currently hot. Hopefully someone who knows will chime in. Input on maximizing a blind can make a huge difference.
Sent this to my commissioner

If twra is serious about increasing duck hunting opportunities, the private blinds MUST be continued. Eliminating them will decrease opportunities by eliminating guided hunts at reelfoot and west sandy. I support allowing the current private blinds to remain private indefinitely. This will likewise maintain the local economic stimulation. Please introduce regulations to maintain these blinds.
Are you talking about private blinds on public land

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Thanks looks good on the map is all I know
Are you talking about private blinds on public land

Technically yes. Historically, a lot of land under the lake was private. Also, for a long time you could apply for a permit and keep the blind as long as you kept the permit current. Years ago a court ruling dictated that these blinds be grandfathered in, but if the owner either gave it up or died, the location became part of the public draw. A lot of children became blind owners, and many are still either hunted by them personally or leased to others.

Charlie and I don’t agree on much, but I do agree the private blinds are a very positive thing for the region and for duck hunters from other parts of the state and country.

I can be at Reelfoot in about 90 minutes, and that’s too far for me to maintain a blind, so I don’t enter that draw. I have leased a blind or two at the foot but found it was too difficult to maintain. Today, when I hunt there it’s either with a guide or a local friend.

MtnFarmer

Refuge Member
Reaction score
I got elk spots they should give me personally to use as I wish out in the National Forest. ‍♂️

Latest posts