Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Blinds

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by GSD62, Jan 1, 2021.

1. GSD62

GSD62 New Member

Been looking at blinds. Torn between a Muddy hay bay blind or a Lucky Duck a frame blind. Has anybody used any of these? If not what brand what you suggest? Be a good portable blind to move around places.
    THANKS

2. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Elite Refuge Member

Probably best deal out there is Rogers a frame but sold out I believe right now.

3. full choke

full choke Elite Refuge Member

My brother has the Lucky Duck 2x4. I have hunted out of it a couple of times now. I really like it. The covers are well made, heavy duty. Set up is pretty quick too. The frame seems decent enough, but a little light gauge- will have to see about durability. I like the fact it can be set up as a 2 man blind or the bigger version- which I think 3 person is the right number (4 would be pretty cramped). I very briefly owned an Avian X A frame and the 2x4 is everything the A frame wasn't. You would be happy with one if you went that route.

4. Flxchoc

Flxchoc New Member

My buddies and I are thinking about building a semi-permant blind out of pvc pipe. My question is what do we use for a wind proof siding ? Our current one has plywood sides but as we get older it is getting harder to carry the pieces down the bank. We hunt the big water on the Finger Lakes so being wind proof is kinda important but it still needs to be lighter than plywood. As far as hiding we plan on wrapping it with camo netting. Any idea would be helpful

5. duckbuster5901

600 0r 1000 denier cordura nylon. Can even have your brushing straps sewed on it and if designed right could actually be rolled up and attached to your pipe frame after assembly.

6. Flxchoc

Flxchoc New Member

Thanks. Definitely gonna look into it. Sounds like with a little panning set up would be easy .

7. duckbuster5901

Check ebay. Lots of camo cordura nylon on there and you can buy it by the yd. You mentioned semi permanent and this is not something you want to leave out in the weather season after season but seting up and leaveing for a few days its fine. Same material most comercial layout, a frame and lots of boat blinds made from. They,re usually 600 denier but the 1000 is much tougher.

freefall likes this.
  8. GSD62

GSD62 New Member

THANKS for the replies back. Today i purchessed the Luck Duck A Frame. See how it works out.

9. IowaWaterfowler10

IowaWaterfowler10 Senior Refuge Member

Lucky duck all day. Have the Rogers. Too small can only hunt three...and of course there’s always a fourth that’s wanting to tag along!

10. Sasha and Abby

Sasha and Abby Elite Refuge Member

Rogers is the shizzile... $299 now with FREE SHIPPING...