Boat Blind idea's or plans needed

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by AlaskanDuckHunter, Dec 14, 2000.

1. I have a 12 ft semi V Hull that I want to put a blind around. I'm in Western Wash so we get a lot of rain so I want to stay away from fastgrass and always having to detach it and dry it out. I been thinking using pvc pipe and making it so I can fold it in towards the inside of the boat when not in use......any idea's or plans anyone???
    Thanks in advance

2. I made a simple blind out of pvc pipe and military camo. I just made a cubical type frame and made the uprights removable when not in use. Then either fold the camo over the top or use shower curtain hangers to hang it up.

3. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator

Check these plans out. I just built mine from them, with some modifications.
    http://refugeforums.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000170.html

I made a brown nylon windscreen, and zip-tied die cut camo material on the outside, from the top rail of the frame. My die-cut camo then extends up to the pop-top frames on each side so that I can raise and lower the top pieces without worrying about the camo material hanging up on anything, or dipping into the water. I also added a 2" pocket in the bottom hem of the windscreen and slipped pieces of 3/4" PVC tubing in there to weight it down so the wind won't blow it into the boat.

Let me know if you have any questions.

WoodieSC

4. Kirkman

Kirkman Guest

Send me your e-mail address and I will send you a set of the plans I have. They are rough but they helped me! [email protected]

5. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Elite Refuge Member

Kirkman thanks for the plans.

6. Kirkman

Kirkman Guest

No problem! Sharpshooter. Glad to doit!

7. Quackerhead

Quackerhead Guest