Boat motor??

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by HuMMer, May 27, 2010.

1. HuMMer

HuMMer Senior Refuge Member

So I have a 1990 Johnson 15hp out board I got from a buddy. It looks in pretty good shape. It sat around for a few years without being ran, so I replaced the water pump. It is having issues with idling and it takes a LOT of huffing and puffing to get it started. I think it needs carb work, but I don't have the $150 all the boat shops are asking.

So my real question....Does anyone on here know enough about boat motors to help me with this? I really want to get it up and running so I can go fishing.

Seth-

2. swampswimmingshrek

swampswimmingshrek Elite Refuge Member

Seth the outboard GURU is on the boating/blind/whatever forum on here. I think he goes as 1995 US1 He can get you fixed up.

3. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

www.iboats.com has forums that are quite specific, right down to brand. You might hop on the Evinrude / Johnson forum over there and find the answer to your question already there. Good stuff.

1995US1 (Danny) is a good guy on this forum and certainly has guru status. Not sure how much experience he has with Evinrude / Johnson, though.

Here is another thought...if you have something of value to trade you might jump on Boise craigslist and post up in the barter section. Trade for boat mechanic work. Couldn't hurt...