Boat trailer plates question.

rism

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
No problems with ST plates unless you possibly exceed the maximum weight limit (8,000 lbs I think). However I have yet to hear of anyone being pulled over. Locally I understand our local State Police Commander gave orders that nobody will be pulled over just because of ST plates. Have had mine over a year and know many others w/ no problems.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
This is strange.
To save money you lie to a state and tell them its a semi trailer then tow it with your pickup.
I don't think He likes that.
Savior.jpeg

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Is your farm in Illinois or Arkansas
Near Farina, Illinoiz.
Halfway to your place. It's sort of a joke. To tour our 200 acres you'll drive a long way because it's in pieces.
We don't farm it neighbors do.

zeus

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I know of a few LEO's that hunt within our "group" that have ST plates on enclosed trailers and boat trailers. I inquired about it this past weekend while setting snow spread and was told that unless it is an actual IDOT code enforcer most state, county & local p.o. are not going to pull you over for said plates. Heck 1 was checked by a CPO and the comment was made, "nice plates" about his boat trail plate.

howard s.

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Near Farina, Illinoiz.
Halfway to your place. It's sort of a joke. To tour our 200 acres you'll drive a long way because it's in pieces.
We don't farm it neighbors do.
Yeah I know what you mean we had a 400 acre farm up in near St Charles toward Indiana and we don't know who it belongs to my grandfather just packed up moved on and the county move in and been paying the taxes on it and taking the money off of it from the farmer I guess,
Several years ago standard oil come to us and wanted to drill on the property for oil and gas and we send a lawyer up he come back and said he'd take a million dollars just to figure out who own what up there.
If anybody here would like to buy in for 10% for a million dollars let us know:rolleyes::l:l

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Excuse me officer but could you pull them books out of the trunk and show me what it says about "properly registered vehicles " before I go to dnr, lie, and tell them I converted my trailers to semi please? This can't be honest and legal.
If so I'm registering millet as a female tabby cat to save some jingle.

howard s.

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The drn has took a note of this type of plate so watch out